Short Review of Millenium to Alaska August 28, 2015

workstocruise

Just off the Millenium northbound from Vancouver to Seward. Had a great time. This was our 3rd time to Alaska and first time with Celebrity. We recently sailed the Equinox this past May to the Mediterranean so we were glad to compare the M class to the S class. Our only other Celebrity cruise was to the Baltics in 2013 on the Constellation. The Millie is really showing her age especially after the shiny Equinox, but her crew are wonderful and ready to help in any way. We had great cabin attendants and we sat in the same dining area every night. We were Select dining and our wait staff were friendly and attentive. We thought the entertainment was good and the production shows were very entertaining. The food in the MDR was good to very good and I found it to be equal to the food on the Equinox. Neither the Equinox or the Millie compares to the MDR on the Constellation, but we were on her two years ago and from what I read on these boards, the food quality has declined.

I won't say much about the ports as they speak for themselves, but we did book our excursions thru Celebrity as we had OBC to use. We enjoyed all of them and felt we got our money's worth.

We had the classic beverage pkg and enjoyed all of our drinks. The wine sommelier in the MDR was the best. She took really good care of us.

Both embarkation and disembarkation were a breeze and the only complaint we had was the ship's failure to notify us that our transfer via the train from Seward to Anchorage was canceled. Apparently they sent a letter out but we never received it and instead of leaving the ship at 6:30 am we didn't leave till 9:45. I could have slept for another hour or so, but oh well...

We had a fun time and look forward to future cruises with Celebrity.