Itinerary Schedule Change for Zuiderdam

drdaddy

Can anyone figure why, starting with the October 22 cruise, HAL is changing the Zuiderdam's schedule? We will be going to St. Thomas first, then Tortola. It doesn't really matter much, but I am very curious. I thought it could be because of the immigration thing they do so early in the morning, but I assume that since we are going to HMC first, which I guess is the Bahamas also, we will still have to do that silly exercise.

Maybe because HAL "owns" or "leases" HMC, we won't have to do the immigration thing? But, then, we will still have to do something when we get back to the states, no? Curious, isn't it?

Any thoughts?

I wouldn't think it has a thing to do with immigration. Yes, you will have to show your passport to Immigration officials in STT; HMC is located in the Bahamas. But that happens all the time unless you go direct to STT from the U.S. and it doesn't take long.

More likely it has to do with docking space. You can check the # of ships in STT on various days on the http://www.***** site.

Yes.... you will have to do the "Immigration Thing". Each time you leave the U.S. and visit a foreign port, you must clear Immigration Inspection when you wish to re-enter the U.S. Some cruises you do it more than once.

St. Thomas and Tortola are flip-flopped regularly on the Zuiderdam. Reasons for this have been discussed, but never clarified. If you have booked excursions thru the ship, you're OK. If you have rez with private tour companies, you need to make sure you can get a refund or change dates.

Candy <-- will add this to my list of questions

Archived