Biggest Differences...Summer vs Fall.

SameNameAsYou

I've cruised twice in the past. Once on the Destiny in 2012 and the Victory in 2013. I'll be cruising on the Victory again in October. I'm just curious what the biggest differences are *if any,* between the 2 seasons. One that I read about which makes perfect since is it getting dark earlier. I should've known this automatically, but didn't think about it. So whatever you've got I want to hear it.

We hate cruise during the summer because its oppressively hot and the ships are much more crowded. In October, while still hot, it's not stifling. Much more enjoyable, and the lines onboard are shorter. The ship usually feels much more relaxed.

Our experience has been the October cruise was a lot more rocky than our June cruises. Just my $.02

One cruise isn't representative of weather patterns for an entire season. We've had smooth seas and choppy seas sailing the same exact week on different years. It's just a matter of what Mother Nature decides to do.

Last year, we sailed in July and September. In July, we had choppy seas associated with a weather system. In September, we had clear skies and calm seas the entire time.

We avoid summer cruises because it is WAY TOO HOT in the Caribbean to enjoy it. Humid and miserable! While there are some well mannered children, There are also many, many kids running amok on board. If you want to cruise in the summer, Alaska is a fantastic summer cruise!

In October the weather is much more tolerable & enjoyable. As others have stated, have a back-up plan in case the weather acts up, but that can really happen at any time of year.

Edited by silvercrikhix