Carnival Liberty...Anyone got any info about the current cruise?

Sweet Dutch Girl

Ship locator shows her in STT, which is where she is supposed to be today. I seem to recall from the other thread that there were several people supposed to be on her now. Shame on them, for actually enjoying their vacation, instead of sitting by the computer!! LOL!! Yeah, it does seem like someone should give people a little something, after the great job that pauley did!

The Liberty is currently in Saint Thomas and hopefully this week it makes its way to the other ports :)

We sail the Liberty on 11/1, my assumption is that since the Coast Guard and National Transportation Safety Board cleared her to sail with passengers that the problem with the fire was resolved.

I'm curious - do you all have a need to know exactly what burned and what was repaired?

Not the question...the question was how is the current cruise going? So many peeps were on these boards last week who were traveling this week. Just wondered if any of them thought to post while traveling.

I am sure there are those like me who are interested and curious as to what happened, but it's definitely not something I NEED to know.

I do understand how even a small fire in a place that could escalate quickly could cause the decision to discharge any fire suppression system. Given that it was recommissioned and sent back for more revenue cruises my guess is it was not the CO2 system that was discharged, but potentially a HI-FOG system which would be easier to put back in service from what I understand.

But that comes from a basic understanding of fire suppression on ships and my work in carrier network facilities including fire suppression for those facilities.