Quebec Farmers Market

chrismch

We'll be in Quebec Oct 3-5 and was wondering what is offered at the market near the pier this time of year. Can I find a nice bouquet of flowers at a reasonable price to bring on the ship? Is it closed on Sunday?

Edited by chrismch

Sorry, I can't tell you if they are open on Sunday. We were just there Sat Sept 12. I didn't see flowers. There were many fruits (apples, plums) and berries (strawberries, blueberries) and vegetables (mushrooms, corn, peppers, leeks). There are many food items that don't rely on season (wine, preserves). There's an international market in the back of the market with a whole wall of spices, tropical juices, bottled sauces, etc. There are vendors selling pies and tarts, quiches and pizza. and there's a snack bar and a creperie.

You'll probably enjoy it even if you don't buy flowers. :)

To know where you are docked, here is the link to the Québec City port schedule:

http://www.portquebec.ca/en/cruises/vessel-schedules/seasonal-schedule

You will find a good map, with the piers and market on it, on page 4 of the Québec City Tom's Port Guide (link provided by previous poster). At times, when the port is very busy, some cruise ships need to change docks during the night. Passengers get plenty of notice. I would double check the schedule for that.

Edited by Jolie_Cruiser