Ideas for "out of office" message

mrs.captn1

Oh, I've never needed a special font for sarcasm!

They've encouraged us to load a profile photo that shows up on the bottom when someone addresses an email to us. Many are professional, some are more casual or maybe goofy. Mine is a head shot, side view, with a beach umbrella, palm tree, and sand in view behind me, taken on Bora Bora, as I'm happy to tell anyone who asks!

Mine screams, "yeah, I do THIS until I can do THAT!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not leave an out of office message. It is an open invitation for thieves and other creators of mayhem. Even if I did not work out of my home, it is easy enough to trace my home address. I do notify my clients of the person who will be their contact in my absence.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Did you really think that was necessary to say? Did you really think these were REAL recommendations?

If so, I really hope the OP has a better grasp of fun or we may have gotten them fired.

Clearly these were an attempt at humor. At least one of the following statements are true: Many of us failed miserably at being cute/funny and need to try harder. You need to purchase a sense of humor.

With some of the way companies/workers treat their clients/customers these days, I wouldn't be sure about any behavior.

When a sales person was incredibly rude to me at the register, I asked her why she would speak to me that way. Her answer was : "Go complain to my boss. You know what she'll answer? She'll tell you she needs me working this register more than she needs you. You don't like it, don't shop here."

SO, YES, I take no comments as jest without seeing facial expression, body language and tone of voice.

When is the last time anyone actually thanked you for your business? I can't remember. Manners are rare these days. Sarcasm and flippancy is rampant.

Mind if I turn your own question around to you?

Did you need to post your comment to me?

Edited by sail7seas

Alright, here's mine:

Greetings and salutations.

I will be out of the country until (day), (date) and will have no access to e-mail and phone during this time. I will reply to your e-mail after I return.

If you need more immediate assistance, please contact the Squadron commander, Captain (person), at (e-mail and phone number). Thank you.

Kindest regards, (boring standard regulation signature block)

(yawn) As boring as bathwater. I really wish I could use some of the more "creative" ones posted in this thread.