Beer Beer and more beer !!

IrishBoy

Corona is ew ick yuck, and I'm convinced they bottle it just for the tourists or to ship to the U.S.

Not only should you be ashamed, you should be flogged with a wet noodle:eek: REPEATEDLY:mad:

Me thinks his columns are all screwed up - I don't think there is even such a thing as non-alcholic Guiness, the Irish wouldn't permit it.

Sure there's non-alchoholic beer from Ireland. We just take the regular stout, strain it through our kidneys and rebottle it for sale as import Corona.

:eek:

Not only should you be ashamed, you should be flogged with a wet noodle:eek: REPEATEDLY:mad:

I lurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrves me some Mexico, and plan to retire there eventually! My friend, I tell you this with a lot of kindness in my heart - just about the only people in Mexico I've ever seen drinking Corona, are not Mexicans.

But if you like it, hooray! It gives them somewhere to send it, which leaves the local Beer Stores ready for me when I want a case of Sol! :D

And to prove my point, lifted directly off the Modelo website:

"Modelo's international expansion began in the South and Southeast of the United States, where Mexican beer was well liked. Together with the postcards, handicrafts, and souvenirs that American tourists took back from their vacations in Mexico, they also took a taste for Modelo's beers, whether they had enjoyed them on the beautiful beaches of Acapulco or Puerto Vallarta or savored them as they listened to the strumming of romantic guitars in the cantinas, bars, and restaurants of Oaxaca, Taxco, or San Miguel Allende. Although Mexican beer had won a good reputation for itself among Americans who had traveled south of the Río Bravo, it was not easy to make inroads into the USA. The Corona® brand had been registered by a Puerto Rican brewery since 1957, and it was only in 1979, after long negotiations and numerous visits to the US and Puerto Rican courts, that Modelo® finally bought the right to use the brand in Arizona, California, New México, and Texas.

Now that it had the right to the brand, Grupo Modelo® created the conditions to enter the US market. Market surveys showed that the American consumer wanted a beer identified with Mexico and with the sun and sand of its beaches that would bring to mind the relaxed vacations spent in our country."

;)

I lurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrves me some Mexico, and plan to retire there eventually! My friend, I tell you this with a lot of kindness in my heart - just about the only people in Mexico I've ever seen drinking Corona, are not Mexicans.

But if you like it, hooray! It gives them somewhere to send it, which leaves the local Beer Stores ready for me when I want a case of Sol! :D

Hey Sable, me and DW may retire there in five years also, and I love Modelo Espeicial. Hope we're neighbors.

Hey Sable, me and DW may retire there in five years also, and I love Modelo Espeicial. Hope we're neighbors.

Very awesome.

My dad is finishing up a house in Los Barilles, BCS, Mexico, about 45 miles northeast of Cabo San Lucas. That'll be our spot of choice, though we're also considering Cozumel for an option.

Long as it's on the ocean and it's comfy, it's all good. I'll have you over for a Sol! ;)

When I was in college we used to get pitchers of Pearl Light at Happy Hour for 99 cents. Now my fellow Texans will testify that in this case I was getting what I paid for. We used to buy one bottle of Guiness and dump it into the pitcher of Pearl, to make it taste like something close to beer.

Thank God for Guiness

When you purchase the bucket of beers, can you use the bucket the rest of the week for carring around your smuggled beers, or do they come and take your bucket from you?

I took a bucket with one beer left back to my cabin. Came back later and the bucket and contents were gone. My immediate response was @$#@ Steward stole my beer. I found my beer a couple of days later in the ice bucket. There was also fresh ice, the Steward kept replacing it. :o

The one thing that I really wish that the Cruise Industry would do is have better choices with their beer selection. Seems that the choices for wine and spirits is quite good to excellent. I wish that they would showcase some better brews from around the world. Not the normal Bud, Bud Light, Corona, Miller, etc. that IMO are lacking in taste and flavor. If they could ever have some fine English, German and American brews. I would just love it. Though I would imagine that the contracts that they sign with these mega beer producers limit this possibility.

Mmmm, Red Stripe. Every now and then I have to have one to remind me of our day in Jamaica when our guide had us drinking it before 10am! Breakfast of champions...:D

Nothing like drinking your breakfast and climbing Dunn's River Falls at lunch. :cool: Ahh, that's the life.

Archived