RC VISA redemption question

Betsie

I am redeeming points for the first time - I have 57,000.

My final payment was made mid September and I did not realize that I could redeem for a credit toward the cost of the cruise.

Has anyone tried to use this credit after final payment has been made? Two different Royal Caribbean customer service reps said it should not be a problem, but my TA thinks they would apply it only toward on board credit. I'm assuming they are two completely different certificates and I want to make sure I don't lose out on the $500 for this cruise. I'm not sure we will have a total of $500 in charges, though. Any thoughts??

Thanks

Betsie

We paid for our trip in July and in early August had enough pts for the $500 off. I contacted MBNA and then Royal Caribbean got answers from both parties as to how to go about cashing everything in. Royal Caribbean told me that even though we made final payment they would credit our credit card as soon as they got the voucher. It took about 2 weeks to get from MBNA filled it out and sent to RCCL and in about 2 weeks time I went on line and checked and we had a $500 credit. Yahoo. It really was easy, good luck.

Debbie

PS the 1st time I called RCCL to ask questions the first person had no idea what I was talking about so I asked to speak to someone who knew about the program. Don't give up.

Archived