Video arcade on Star?? Please say there is one!

I just read that there is no arcade on the star. Is this true?

Why on earth would Princess leave that out???

We are considering the Star for next March and may have to reconsider as we will be traveling with arcade junkies.

Please advise if you know any details!!!

Fantasy '95

Fantasy '96

Paradise '98

Paradise '99

Grand Princess '02

Grand Princess '03

Pride '03

Paradise '04

Caribbean Princess '04

I remember seeing a couple of video arcarde games on the Star (this past Jan) in the Teen/Children's area (I can't remember the name -- Off Limits? or something).

Unless you mean the shopping "arcade" which is really a couple of floors of the atrium.

I for one am glad there is no video arcade on the Star. I honestly cannot think of a bigger waste of time or money.

doris

"I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine"--Caskie Stinnett

Elation 10/20/02

Paradise 9/21/03

Star Princess 10/24/04

Thank you for your quick replys. I appreciate those that were not judgemental.

We all have our own preferences on how we spend our money and time. Personally, I don't hang out in the arcades, but a lot of teens do...it is a social thing and it is important to some cruisers.

I think it is surprising that Princess would leave out such a moneymaking opportunity which is very popular on its other ships.

Fantasy '95

Fantasy '96

Paradise '98

Paradise '99

Grand Princess '02

Grand Princess '03

Pride '03

Paradise '04

Caribbean Princess '04

I was on the Star Princess April 2002. They said there were orignal plans for an arcade, but they had to use some of that space for something else...and I can't remember what. But anyway, other than the fact there is not an arcade, I've said it a gazillion times already...I LOVE THE STAR PRINCESS!!!!!!

~~

"What ever floats your boat!"

My Cruise Webpage

01/05 - Star Princess or Navigator (undecided)

Vision of the Seas 01/04

Star Princess 04/02

Song of America 01/98

Consmarci--I am kind of thinkin' the judgemental remark was meant for me. I did not say you were wrong or bad for wanting an arcade....I just don't understand the attraction. I think they are noisy and boring. I realize they are a big attraction to a lot of people but I can't figure out why. Maybe some day I will "get it" (probably within the next few years since I have a four year old) and then they will be important to me too. But I just have never gotten why some people, be it teens or adults or seniors, enjoy the games as much as they do. To me it just seems wasteful,,,,,not bad,,,,just wasteful.

doris

"I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine"--Caskie Stinnett

Elation 10/20/02

Paradise 9/21/03

Star Princess 10/24/04

Dosi, I think your original comment just hit me wrong. I did feel you were judging those that hang out in arcades.

It's clear how you feel and many years ago I would have concurred with you, but sometimes to a shy teen, talking about the game one is playing, can be just the ticket to a new friendship. Or playing air hockey or on a simulator where another player is needed can really be a starting block for meeting new people when you aren't otherwise outgoing.

To me, the money is well spent if my teen can make a new friend in a relaxed and nonstressful (to him) situation. In my opinion, it is money well spent. However, if we choose the Star, we'll just come up with another plan of action.

Fantasy '95

Fantasy '96

Paradise '98

Paradise '99

Grand Princess '02

Grand Princess '03

Pride '03

Paradise '04

Caribbean Princess '04

Archived