Swim with the Dolphins

SheilaS

• 3 weeks later...

We did the dolphin swim and absolutely loved it! We looked out because we were the only ones there for the early time....well worth the money! We bought the cd, that was $145 for 210 pictures of the 3 of us. It was about a 10 minute taxi ride, $8.00 each way for the 3 of us. Feel free to ask any other questions.

We did the dolphin swim and absolutely loved it! We looked out because we were the only ones there for the early time....well worth the money! We bought the cd, that was $145 for 210 pictures of the 3 of us. It was about a 10 minute taxi ride, $8.00 each way for the 3 of us. Feel free to ask any other questions.

What was the name of the company you did the dolphin swim with? I am assuming you did this on your own. Was it easy to get taxis both ways?

We are also looking into the dolphin discovery on St. Kitts. Just wondering if you recall the pricing of purchasing photos? We couldn't afford the cd that you mentioned, so I wonder if there are cheaper options? Do they allow you to take your own pics?

Thanks!!

Just because they have a permanent smile on their face, does not mean they are enjoying themselves. These are wild animals caught and then kept into captivity. Watch the documentary called the Cove and learn the awful truth. I too wanted to do a dolphin swim with these lovely mammals. Until I learned how these baby dolphins were separated from their mothers for our entertainment.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Question for those who've done this at St kitts specifically... my two kids and I would like to do this, but the husband doesn't really care. He'd just as soon NOT spend the money for him to do it and sit there and watch us do it. Will they allow someone to come in (is there a charge?) and just watch those of us who do pay to do it? Thanks!

Question for those who've done this at St kitts specifically... my two kids and I would like to do this, but the husband doesn't really care. He'd just as soon NOT spend the money for him to do it and sit there and watch us do it. Will they allow someone to come in (is there a charge?) and just watch those of us who do pay to do it? Thanks!

We are planning on doing this excursion while in St. Kitts.

If you book the excursion with Dolphin Discovery - This is listed on their website: Your companions can be present while you do your program without any cost. We have a special area for them. The only regulation is that it can not go with cameras, video or cell.

If you book the excursion via the ship, I believe there is a separate excursion for those who want to watch at a reduced cost.

Please read this before you swim with dolphins!

https://www.thedodo.com/swim-dolphins-caribbean-1094674999.html

Thank you for sharing this. I totally understand the appeal of swimming with these amazing animals, but I think people do need to well-informed about all aspects of any excursion they want to participate in.

Thank you for sharing this. I totally understand the appeal of swimming with these amazing animals, but I think people do need to well-informed about all aspects of any excursion they want to participate in.

You're welcome. Sad to say I did it myself, years ago, before I knew better. I no longer participate in any activity that exploits animals.