Best place to watch football games

beasfriend

Try MRB (Mississippi River Bottom) bar at 515 St. Philip. Mostly locals, pretty good food, three-legged dog that wonders around causing trouble, and sometimes a cat who sleeps on the bar.

It will be full of Saints fans who may or may not be in a good mood.

Nearby is American Sports Saloon at 1200 Decatur. A little more upscale than MRB (just about every other bar is). Haven't tried the food there, but it sounds good.

Bayou Burger on Bourbon Street has wall to wall TVs and they show all the games. Now this year they're moving the Saints "point after" radio show to Bayou Burger so there will be a lot of saints fans and the audio will be the Saints post game show....but all of the games will be on. I wouldn't mess with Harrahs unless New England is the local game. The past few years when I've gone in Harrahs after a noon game they've only had one 3pm game on. I don't think they have Sunday Ticket anymore. I'm sure Mannings is fine but it's not actually in Harrahs. The bars in Harrahs usually just have one game on.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/bayou-burger-and-sports-company-new-orleans

Edited by Saint Greg

Since the Saints game will be on Fox and the Patriots game will be on CBS, there will not be many places showing both games. Usually the bars showing the Saints game on Fox will show the late game on Fox after.

So probably the only places showing the Patriots will be Sports bars that have many TVs showing many games but even some of them will only have the audio on one specific game.

After the heavy penalties that the NFL gave the Saints, most Saints fans are hoping that the Patriots get the heavy penalties that the NFL wants to impose so maybe the Patriots will have a back-up quarterback in that game.

I'm not wanting to start a football rivalry on this thread but I just wanted you to know how bitter the fans are that their team was treated so harshly and the Patriots seem to be getting off so lightly.

Since the Saints game will be on Fox and the Patriots game will be on CBS, there will not be many places showing both games. Usually the bars showing the Saints game on Fox will show the late game on Fox after.

So probably the only places showing the Patriots will be Sports bars that have many TVs showing many games but even some of them will only have the audio on one specific game.

After the heavy penalties that the NFL gave the Saints, most Saints fans are hoping that the Patriots get the heavy penalties that the NFL wants to impose so maybe the Patriots will have a back-up quarterback in that game.

I'm not wanting to start a football rivalry on this thread but I just wanted you to know how bitter the fans are that their team was treated so harshly and the Patriots seem to be getting off so lightly.

I'm sorry....but you don't know what you're talking about on anything. One station has a double header every week. There could be two noon games and one 3pm game or one noon game and two 3pm games. Most places suggested have Sunday ticket where they can show all of the games. Brady will be playing because his suspension was wiped out...and actually all of the saints players suspended for "bounty gate" had their suspensions wiped out. What hurt the saints was having multiple coaches and the general manager suspended...as well as losing multiple draft picks. Coaches don't have a union so they can't appeal suspensions the way players can. The saints and patriots have a good relationship and so do our fans.

Edited by Saint Greg

Thanks for the compliment. :rolleyes: It appeared that the OP was looking for a small local bar to watch the game, not one of the big sports bars.

Most of the small local bars I watch the games at only have one or two TVs and if they watch the Saints 12:00 game on Fox then they usually leave it on Fox for the 3PM game which would not be the Patriots since they are on CBS.

If the OP wants to go to one of the large sports bars that have many TVs going at once on all channels, I am not convinced that he will be able to hear his game.

• 3 weeks later...

We are from Boston and due to my not thinking ahead we booked the Dawn out of New Orleans Jan 25 to Feb 1 (superbowl sunday). While on the cruise we met a group from Boston and arranged to meet them to watch the Pats win. We wound up watching the game upstairs at Saints and Sinners on Bourbon St. We had a great time!!