Barcelona-Canaries 10 Day round Norwegian Epic

Transalp

I am a newbie & would like to know if anyone has taken the Dec 19th 10 day cruise from Barcelona-Morroco-Canaries trip over Xmas? Is it overcrowded & full of kids or could a couple without kids enjoy themselves with regards to decent food, drink & entertainment? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

I've done this cruise twice end of November/December there are a few children maybe 30 at most being very young you wouldn't really notice them but both time was on ncl spirit I leave this year 29nov first time on the epic 10 night canaries

I would say that it would be a great get away for a couple

Hi

we're from the north east too :)

we are doing this same 10 night cruise in jan on the Epic and hoping to avoid the hoards of kiddies too ;)

did you not get to select a drinks or dining package with your cruise booking ??? we went for the drinks :D

Hi Transalp

We took the NCL cruise on the Spirit last year which covered Xmas and New Year, we really loved the cruise and we were first time cruisers, it was also a smaller boat than the epic I believe too.

To be honest with you I thought that the boat would be busy, and at times it did feel like that, but you could always find somewhere quiet to sit. I must admit that on the Xmas/New Year cruise last year there were quiet a lot of Spanish families, and it times it did seem a little overcrowded. However saying that we had an awesome time, so much so we have booked again for this year on the bigger ship. I did think that I may be bored, however we did not really have time to be bored, there was always something of interest to do and see.

We loved the shows on the smaller boat - and I am excited to see that they have changed the show to Priscilla Queen of the dessert. Already booked for that.

We took the drinks package last year and loved trying the cocktails and different wines. As for the food, I was not disappointed, from the buffett choice to the main complimentary restaurants. We did not opt for the speciality ones as we wanted to taste the food you get as normal - this year I think we will opt for the Spigel tent and may try a speciality one. But saying that it could all change once we are on board.

We are a couple without kids, and we loved it, although we are probably 2 big kids anyway :-)

Give it a go - I am sure you won't be disappointed.

I am a newbie & would like to know if anyone has taken the Dec 19th 10 day cruise from Barcelona-Morroco-Canaries trip over Xmas? Is it overcrowded & full of kids or could a couple without kids enjoy themselves with regards to decent food, drink & entertainment? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

Hi

we're from the north east too :)

we are doing this same 10 night cruise in jan on the Epic and hoping to avoid the hoards of kiddies too ;)

did you not get to select a drinks or dining package with your cruise booking ??? we went for the drinks :D

Jofishes, Yes I am taking the UDP & then I`ll book 5 nights Dining because although I suspect the `normal` dining will be fine, it would be nice to try some different restaurants every other night...:)

Squishthewhale

I`m just finding my feet with regards to this thread stuff so I am not sure what `roll call` is yet?

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?p=47790776

We'll be joining you on this cruise (and the one after). Head over and join the meet and greet if you like.

I've done the Canaries loads of times before, but looking forward to 21 nights of cocktails and spa relaxing to combat the post Christmas blues!

Squishthewhale

I`m just finding my feet with regards to this thread stuff so I am not sure what `roll call` is yet?

It's basically a dedicated thread just to that cruise, so everyone who is on it can join and discuss what their plans are! Some people have organised tours at different ports so they also post information on them there. If you want to, you can also sign up to the meet and mingle which is a gathering on the ship organised for cruise critic members.

To find it just click on 'roll call tool' on the top yellow bar! (Or click the link that Swisslee just posted!)

Edited by SquishTheWhale

Same deck and dates as us :-)

So looking forward to it - don't forget to join our role call

We`re booked on the December 19th Barcelona-Canaries-Barcelona on deck 11 with UDP so looking forward to this trip & thanks for the advice people.;)

Sorry just checked we are on 10 not 11 - oh dear the confusion has already begun !! got lost last year on the Sprit so goodness help me on the Epic LOL

Same deck and dates as us :-)

So looking forward to it - don't forget to join our role call