Eurodam Cabanas

Hows the Serenity

Hi All,

My husband and I are looking at booking a cabana for our Med cruise in May next year on the Lido deck. A couple of questions please as we have never sailed with HAL before.

If we book a cabana, what is included

Can we invite another couple to join us?

What are the advantages of booking a cabana?

Any extra little bits of advice re the cabanas would be most welcome.

Thank you

Chris

We had the cabana closest to the lido restaurant. We like the location and found it to be very convenient. Our attendant brought us anything from the lido restaurant that we wanted in addition to champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and ice cream. The round lounger is very comfortable and easily holds two adults and a little child.

When I called to reserve a cabana I requested this one. The request wasn't guaranteed but in our case it was granted.

The biggest advantage of a lido cabana is never having to look for a lounger by the pool.

Marcia

Thank you so much for your advice, I will call guest services and arrange our cabana.this morning (I'm in Oz). It is amazing the information that is available on this forum. We are very much looking forward to our cruise on Eurodam our first on HAL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just a word about the Lido cabanas--they aren't really much of a retreat.

We were on the Eurodam in July and I was surprised that they would set up these cabanas so close to everything. You've got constant foot traffic in front of the Lido cabanas and you've got rows of lounge chairs between the cabanas and the pool.

Whether it was the location of the cabanas or the fact that we were on a port-intensive Baltic cruise, I only saw a couple of the cabanas ever being used for the 11 days we were aboard ship.

Just a word about the Lido cabanas--they aren't really much of a retreat.

We were on the Eurodam in July and I was surprised that they would set up these cabanas so close to everything. You've got constant foot traffic in front of the Lido cabanas and you've got rows of lounge chairs between the cabanas and the pool.

Whether it was the location of the cabanas or the fact that we were on a port-intensive Baltic cruise, I only saw a couple of the cabanas ever being used for the 11 days we were aboard ship.

You couldn't pay me to take the lido cabanas yet I love the retreat cabanas. The lido cabanas would be too hot and noisy for me. I realize others will like them.

Thank you for your advice, we have booked a Lido cabana. It is mainly for my husband who will not be getting off the ship in most ports, and wants a nice space for reading his books and relaxing. We are cruising from May 6 to May 30 in the Med, so shouldnt be too hot, but his plan is to have a dip in the pool if he feels the need to cool down. We are used to very hot summers here in Qld in Australia so I dont think he feels the heat will be an issue for him. The cabanas on the Lido deck are also close to everything for him, he is diabetic and cannot walk long distances. If we have made a mistake, well it is all in the experience and we are glass half full people, so there will always be an upside. Thanks again for all the advice.

Chris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk