Question about HMC Cabanas

FunintheSunPa

Anytime we've served one there were always some available in the 11-15 section. The ones in the middle 7-10 seem to be most popular. We also go right to the shore excursion desk upon boarding to reserve it so never later than 12:30. Later you go, fewer choices.

Anytime we've served one there were always some available in the 11-15 section. The ones in the middle 7-10 seem to be most popular. We also go right to the shore excursion desk upon boarding to reserve it so never later than 12:30. Later you go, fewer choices.

I agree. Numbers 6-10 usually go the quickest. Not everyone likes the higher numbers myself included! We like being near all the action. I was just there Monday and we chose #5 which was fantastic!

I've been there three times. Have had 9, 11, and 15. I think 9-11 are the best . Away from the crowds but close to the bathrooms and BBQ. We had 15 in May and till about noon it was great. Very few people down that way. Around noon a steady stream of crew members arrived. They started playing really loud music and many were smoking. There is a butt receptacle right in front of no. 15 and they congregated there. Worse, several were smoking near us in the water and dumping their ashes in that beautiful water. I kept on eye on our cabana from the water because we had valuables there. I noticed a man up in our cabana. I ran up from the water to find a man changing into his bathing suit. I tried to explain these are private. Another crew member smoking in front of the cabana said he was new and I said why didn't you tell him. He said he thought it was funny. Two other crew members took our floating mats. They then started throwing a football near our heads. I mentioned all this to the shore excursion desk and she said that's where the crew that are not officers are supposed to hang out. I am glad that the crew gets time off and can enjoy the beauty of HMC but unless the above sound like fun to you I'd recommend 9-11 or at least 7-13. If you don't have priority boarding I would get to the port early enough to get in zone 1. Once on board make a beeline right to the excursion desk.