Caye Caulker - Lobster Restaurant

cruise pup

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the restaurants will have it but only when it's in season. There's an outdoor seafood grill sort of place under a tent just past the main concentration of cafes and stores. It's on the right side on hte beach as you're walking towards "the split". The only real upscale restaurant in CC is called Habanero's (or Jalapeno's - something like that). They would likely do a intertesting preparation but the best meal I had on CC was in some guys' front yard. He brings home fish, cooks it on his back yard grill and serves it with rice 'n beans and potato salad his wife makes in their home kitchen. There are several places like that and the fish is incredible.

If you have a chance try some barracuda - it's a fantastic eating fish.

I landed up having lobster at the restaurant that Coral Breezes Limited uses for their lunch stop. This way I handed in my order before we went snorkeling and my lunch was prepared by the time we arrived. Otherwise there would not have been enough time. The lobster was good. Had it with rice and beans and slaw. Also had a Belikin beer which was outstanding. It was US$1.75. I would definately love to return to Caye Caulker and spend the day there.

Archived