Royal Caribbean laundry

sopheej

Absolutely they do!! It is called wash and fold. Mainly, I use it for underwear, sleepwear items that when they come out of the dryer do not need to be ironed. Do not put anything that needs special treatment. Ask your cabin steward for a bag. Fold them, roll them what ever you can do to make them as small as possible. Fill the bag to the top for the best value!

Here is a link to the request form that I found. Also note that it doesn't come back pressed at all and is limited types of items (unless it has changed.)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-uDd-zHqOutA/TgfImCNj54I/AAAAAAAAADM/T6pAO2rqxLw/s576/RCI%252520Wash%252520and%252520Fold%2525202011.jpg

We send out laundry as we require for all sorts of items. We like how it comes back pressed and nice. In the scheme of things we found the bag doesn't hold much more for the price, and it just comes back folded.

The benefit of sending items away, and packing less, is very worthwhile to us. Going to a self serve laundry sounds like being at home, and not luxurious at all to me. ;)

Some people have issues with items damaged due to the higher heat of the ship laundry. I make sure I hand wash any new items before the trip to check for colour fastness, and basically if something comes back damaged then it is not suitable for coming cruising with us and can be binned.

So far I personally have had no problems with even my sparkly formal tops and good skirts and pants.

The most we have spent was before we got discounts with the C&A loyalty program was about $100 on an 18 night cruise. Totally worth it.