Who is pianist in Triumph piano bar?

TorontoBeach

The first time I was on Triumph (in 2001), the pianist was amazing. Can't remember his name, but he was bald and stocky, and he had a basketball net to throw tips into. Everytime someone did, he would stand up and announce "This is my new best friend." He would also play "I don't want to work, I just want to lay on the beach all day" in between songs.

The second time I was on Triumph (in 2004), the pianist was a big chubby guy with dark hair from Boston who often wore a cowboy hat. He wasn't as good as the first guy. He played a lot of dirty songs that no one else could sing along to, and he also did a lot of "Yankees sucks" chants which seemed kind of pointless.

Anyway, my question: Who's the pianist on Triumph now, and any reviews of him?

Thanks!

Hi, Toronto Beach

Just came back from New England/Canada. Very nice.

The piano man's name on my cruise was Eric. He was Okay. Your first trip piano man sounded much better and a lot more fun.

But I have been telling everybody about this group that played in the Venezia Lounge. They are called Music Boardwalk Group and everynight was crowded.

They played 50s on up and even some 40s songs. But let me to you they sounded just like the original group. The last night after the show everybody went over to shake their hands and say goodby. I would take another trip just to hear them again. It was like being at a concert.

You must really like the Triumph if you've been on it a couple of times. It's convenient for me because I'm from New York and all I have to do is go to the pier. I have to find out if they are going to there next year. Bye for now

AM soooo hoping that after dry dock that Damian will be back on the Triumph!!!:) That would make the cruise for me. He left the Triumph some weeks back to go home to New Zealand for awhile and we are just praying he comes back!! A group of 38 of us met him on the Triumph and my fiance and I spent a lot of time hanging out with him at karaoke etc....We love the piano bar and just an "okay" piano player isnt for us...

So any future Triumph cruisers please ask Eric how long he is staying on the ship for me.....

Not to be rude, but am hoping he is leaving..... sorry:(

BRING DAMIAN BACK TO THE TRIUMPH!!

If Eric was the guy with the bedhead hair who kept saying, "I don't like to do that song anymore." to everyone's request - he was less than okay. Unfortunately, I was on the ship TWICE recently while this guy was playing and he never improved. It didn't matter how much I drank either.

Is it just me or is it funny that someone from across the lake (Rochester) didn't pick up on that.

Pick up on what? I dont get it....is it the blond hair??:confused:

I am sure he is a nice guy, but obviously not one that would draw me there for a full night... and I love Toronto..just dont get it...hmmm

Just saw in a Conquest review on this board that Damian is on the Conquest. Anyone know who is currently on the Legend? My two favorites so far in the piano bar are Joe (big, red-headed guy who plays Metallica) and Jamie Mahn (from Canada, who sings a hilarious versino of Itsy Bitsy Bikini). Yes, I'm a piano bar addict. ;-)

Thanks for those names - along with Damian and Ron I have two new piano players to add to my list.

Just wish there was a site where we could find out who is playing where and when. (Yes, piano bar addict here too).

I know Piano Man Ron has his own website and sometimes posts here on CC, he DOES have his schedule listed.

Yeah BettyB2 me too. Because then you would be able to plan better ahead of time if you knew they were there. I have been calling Carnival about their Music Bands because I want to see where Music Boardwalk will be and you don't get much of reply except they tell me they don't release that information until 3 weeks before your cruise. I'm still going to investigate until I get answers.

Just imagine what a cruise that would be if Damian and Boardwalk played at the same time. What a time I would have.

Purple1949

Yeah BettyB2 me too. Because then you would be able to plan better ahead of time if you knew they were there. I have been calling Carnival about their Music Bands because I want to see where Music Boardwalk will be and you don't get much of reply except they tell me they don't release that information until 3 weeks before your cruise. I'm still going to investigate until I get answers.

Just imagine what a cruise that would be if Damian and Boardwalk played at the same time. What a time I would have.

Purple1949

I am pretty sure that Boardwalk will be there...and if Damian was there would be SOOO HAPPY. I have posted on some Triumph threads and asked our fellow crusiers to find out for us who is coming on. Last time Damian was on Conquest he didnt stay very long before he went to Triumph...if I cannot get his itinerary for next year, I WILL BOOK wherever Piano man Ron is playing...

I have heard he is great and a lot of fun...and thanks RON for posting here!!

Do you (Ron) have any info on who is playing on what ship?? probably not, but just curious......

thanks anyway, just wondering. Triumph goes into dry dock at end of October and have a feeling they will get a new Piano player....just wish we could find out who.......

we want to have a good time....

We WILL see you tho.......sometime next winter

Guest Mary49
I am pretty sure that Boardwalk will be there...and if Damian was there would be SOOO HAPPY. I have posted on some Triumph threads and asked our fellow crusiers to find out for us who is coming on. Last time Damian was on Conquest he didnt stay very long before he went to Triumph...if I cannot get his itinerary for next year, I WILL BOOK wherever Piano man Ron is playing...

I have heard he is great and a lot of fun...and thanks RON for posting here!!

Do you (Ron) have any info on who is playing on what ship?? probably not, but just curious......

Hi BettyB2, I'm glad I'm not the only one who books only for their favorites. I thought I was silly but I guess there is a lot of us like that. There has to be a way to find out their itinerary. That was nice of Ron to pass his info along. Music Boardwalk doesn't have a web-site. I wrote them directly to MS Triumph last week but I don't suppose I'm going to hear from them. "Shipcafe" is on the boat now and will try and find out for me. He's my only hope for info. If not I'll just keep trying. If you know of any other way, please let me know. Thanks Purple

Guest Mary49

Hi Ron, just was wondering if you know how you can get a schedule of someone who is appearing on a cruise ship for next year?? Who would you contact or is there a website. Thanks for any info.

Maybe those of us who are so interested about who is playing in the piano bar are in the minority, but wouldn't it be nice if Carnival posted this information on their Web site? Just a thought in case Carnival sees this posting. Piano bar fans want to know. :-)

Guest Mary49
Maybe those of us who are so interested about who is playing in the piano bar are in the minority, but wouldn't it be nice if Carnival posted this information on their Web site? Just a thought in case Carnival sees this posting. Piano bar fans want to know. :-)

Tam-Tam, I totally agree with that. I would think that it would serve in Carnival's best interest to do that; because that's what we're paying for also. If you know where your favorite entertainments are. Then why not. That would be quite a compliment to them. I would think.

Well, just be happy it won't be the piano man from the Victory 10/04!! I have never heard so many racial, anti-Asian, homophobic puns and jokes in my life.

Believe me, I'm in for a good time but, oh my, that type of humor is way out of line anywhere, much less on any ship. When he started making jokes about the Asian version of Crocodile Rock, a group of customers left (Asians) as did others when he moved onto other groups.

What happened to talent and class? Also, if you can't take requests for the standards, why ask for requests????

Guest Mary49
If Eric was the guy with the bedhead hair who kept saying, "I don't like to do that song anymore." to everyone's request - he was less than okay. Unfortunately, I was on the ship TWICE recently while this guy was playing and he never improved. It didn't matter how much I drank either.

Hi palmtre2, if bedhead means shaved head that was him. No personality at all.

I'm been asking anybody who has been on the Triumph recently if you ever saw Music Boardwalk there. I thought they were fabulous and I'm trying to find out their schedule after drydock in October. Do you know of a way to find this out?

I've tried Carnival and no answer yet. Appreciate any info on the subject.

I would love to do another cruise with them. Thanks

When are you going on the cruise? I have someone from another roll-call checking on the piano bar for me after dry-dock and I am sure she will check to see if Music Boardwalk will still be there.....I will ask.

Guest Mary49
When are you going on the cruise? I have someone from another roll-call checking on the piano bar for me after dry-dock and I am sure she will check to see if Music Boardwalk will still be there.....I will ask.

BettyB2, thanks so much. Yes please ask her to check for me. I'm looking at maybe March for another cruise. If at all possible maybe getting their e-mail address. Or if you want mine, please let me know. Thanks Purple:)

Archived