Who is pianist in Triumph piano bar?

TorontoBeach

The first time I was on Triumph (in 2001), the pianist was amazing. Can't remember his name, but he was bald and stocky, and he had a basketball net to throw tips into. Everytime someone did, he would stand up and announce "This is my new best friend." He would also play "I don't want to work, I just want to lay on the beach all day" in between songs.

This sounds exactly like the piano bar guy we had on the Imagination in May. He was so much fun we went back to that bar every night. His name was Barry.

BettyB2, thanks so much. Yes please ask her to check for me. I'm looking at maybe March for another cruise. If at all possible maybe getting their e-mail address. Or if you want mine, please let me know. Thanks Purple:)

They are cruising on November 12th and they will let us know...I will ask them to get Music Boardwalks email and details of their schedule for you...IF they are still on her after dry dock

Well, just be happy it won't be the piano man from the Victory 10/04!! I have never heard so many racial, anti-Asian, homophobic puns and jokes in my life.

Believe me, I'm in for a good time but, oh my, that type of humor is way out of line anywhere, much less on any ship. When he started making jokes about the Asian version of Crocodile Rock, a group of customers left (Asians) as did others when he moved onto other groups.

What happened to talent and class? Also, if you can't take requests for the standards, why ask for requests????

do you remember what his name is??? any ship he is on I would prefer not too book in the future...that type of so-called humor is not necessary anywhere, let alone a ship with so many different nationalaties/races on board...

that WOULD RUIN MY CRUISE

Guest Mary49
They are cruising on November 12th and they will let us know...I will ask them to get Music Boardwalks email and details of their schedule for you...IF they are still on her after dry dock

Hi Betty, that would be great. Don't forget we have "shipcafe" taking notes for us too. I can't wait for him to come back. Since he has a web site I'm sure he'll be doing a lot of investigating for us. I hope.... I almost feel like e-mailing him; (LOL) thinking that he probably has his lap top with him but I don't want to bother him on vacation. They are in Sidney, Canada today.

And I'm like you, I won't book until I know that they will be there. Too bad Carnival doesn't have a listing of their entertainers and where they are on they're web site. I think they would benefit from that.

Guest Mary49

BettyB2, I had to post this to let you know. Don't give up on anything. I'm soo excited. Finally got e-mail from Enrique. He thinks that they will be on the Carnival Miracle in January but will e-mail me as to their where abouts.

WOW, that is great. I am going to make sure when I get on the ship that I speak with the musicians and get emails, websites, etc....they would be of tremendous help here on these boards. My main MIRACLE tho would be if Damian is on the Triumph when we cruise.

Guest Mary49
WOW, that is great. I am going to make sure when I get on the ship that I speak with the musicians and get emails, websites, etc....they would be of tremendous help here on these boards. My main MIRACLE tho would be if Damian is on the Triumph when we cruise.

Hi BettyB2, that would be a good idea. I guess we've learned a lesson here.

Don't be shy about it either, because we are going to regret it. But now we have to find out where Damain is. By the way have you checked out Ron Pass's web-site. He's cute and I here he's very good as well. :)

Hi BettyB2, that would be a good idea. I guess we've learned a lesson here.

Don't be shy about it either, because we are going to regret it. But now we have to find out where Damain is. By the way have you checked out Ron Pass's web-site. He's cute and I here he's very good as well. :)

I have been to Rons website a few times and will book a cruise with him probably next year. It is very nice that he has his schedule posted for months at a time....I LIKE IT! Damian may still be on the Conquest, but from previous posters, he may not have a job right now due to Katrina using 3 Carnival ships (one he was supposed to be on according to one of his friends)

We're cruising on the Triumph in March 2006, so any info on the piano player at that time would be great! Thanks for all the replies so far!

When we cruise in December, I will try and find out who is on baord for you!! Hopefully someone GREAT!!!:D

Guest Mary49
I have been to Rons website a few times and will book a cruise with him probably next year. It is very nice that he has his schedule posted for months at a time....I LIKE IT! Damian may still be on the Conquest, but from previous posters, he may not have a job right now due to Katrina using 3 Carnival ships (one he was supposed to be on according to one of his friends)

BettyB2, once you have their e-mail address, how often should you bother them? I mean someone asked me if I knew if they are going to be on the Triumph in November but I told them to wait for Shipcafe's report when he gets back. Do you think it would be a bother to e-mail him and inquire and tell him about Cruise Critic Message Board and that people have been inquiring about them? I just what to start having a nice friendship with him but I don't what to overdue it either. I was thinking that I should wait and see if/when he gets back to me regarding their schedule and then I will see.

Be interested in what your thoughts are and how would you handle this?

Guest Mary49

Hi BettyB2, thanks. That's what I thought I would do. Can't wait to hear what shipcafe has to say. His review should be interesting, I'm sure.

Hi Everyone!

I did post in a different thread but will post here as well. Just got back home last night from NYC. The Triumph cruise was just fantastic. I did speak with Music Boardwalk and got their e-mail address. If anyone is wanting it, feel free to contact me via the contact page on my site and I can share.

Eric is the piano player in the Big Easy Bar at this moment. The Triumph is now in dry dock, however, so I'm not sure how much of a staff change there will be. If there is any other detailed staff information you'd like, etc. feel free to let me know as I have saved the Capers!

I thought Triumph was not going into dry dock until October 23 ?? On the Carnival site they have her cruising on the 15th, 18th on a 5 day and a 2 day cruise to nowhere. Then I see the roll- call for her that she went on a 5 day Bahama cruise on the 9th thru the 15th schedule. Did they talk about her going into dry dock?

What improvements did they mention? Thanks and welcome back!!!:)

Hi Everyone!

I did post in a different thread but will post here as well. Just got back home last night from NYC. The Triumph cruise was just fantastic. I did speak with Music Boardwalk and got their e-mail address. If anyone is wanting it, feel free to contact me via the contact page on my site and I can share.

Eric is the piano player in the Big Easy Bar at this moment. The Triumph is now in dry dock, however, so I'm not sure how much of a staff change there will be. If there is any other detailed staff information you'd like, etc. feel free to let me know as I have saved the Capers!

Hi shipcafe, hope you got my message via your web-site. Also sent you my e-mail address as well. Please feel free to e-mail me and tell me all about it. Thanks for inquiring for me and I'm glad you had a great time. Mary Ann

Hi BettyB2, I just posted on another board and found out that Damien is still on the Conquest. This was since October 9th; so maybe you could write to the Conquest or ask Carnival.com for help.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Conquest last week and Damian is definitely still there. He had a few regulars there each night, but for the most part, the crowd was small. Many of you wont like this, but it was really boring. No one sang along the times I was there. It was more like Damian was giving a concert.

We like the wild, sing-a-long type piano bars, with some R rated songs mixed in...where everyone joins in. An example would be "Lucille", where everyone adds some certain words to the chorus. (Anyone who has done this knows what I am referring to). I was in the piano bar 4 times and Damian never did any of that stuff. I will admit though, that the people in there really seemed to love Damian. It just isnt the type I was hoping for.

Now last year on the Triumph, Carmen was the piano man. He had the crowd going every night, and it was always standing room only. I just read that he is now on the Liberty, so I will be booking that cruise if he stays there. I would love for someone on the Liberty to ask Carmen about how long he will be there!

I agree that there should be some site we could all go to and see who is playing where. It would help those of us who enjoy the music.

Michael

for whatever its worth, i am another Carnival Piano player...i followed Damien onto the Triumph this past July (for 2 weeks) and was followed by Eric. I also just finished a 6 week stint on the Legend.

Speaking for myself, I never have so much advance notice as to where I'm going next, so I'm not sure how Carnival would be able to post such info...altho I think it would be cool if they did!

To all those who came and rocked out with me on the Legend, as soon as I know where I'll be next, I'll post it on CC.

You can try and stump me next time!!!!!!!

Thanks for the information Mark and please keep us informed on where you will be going next. Triumph comes out of drydock on November 12th and hoping to find out who will be there.....

It wont be Damien, but we will survive.

We had a blast with him on the Conquest in February with him and 2 nights security had to come BC we were all singing too loud and the place was over PACKED just about every night. It will be Carnivals loss when they lose him in January.

I agree, Damien was great. I was on there 6/5 He has a good mixture of old and new I can only take so much 60's and 70's sing along. He was playing coldplay, marley, ben folds etc. So I found him to be very well rounded. I will be on the triumph 11/26 and will let everyone know who is there.

Wayne

Archived