Freedom - Expectations on how "Full" will the ship Be?

Krystm

I just sailed on the freedom at the beginning of this month and there was much too much cigarette smoke for my tolerance and not enough karaoke. They also have no show band as they have already converted to the playlist productions. So I'm going on a cruise in February also but I chose the triumph because she still has the old time entertainment and I enjoy that. To me the only negatives to the triumph as compared to freedom is lack of the unlimited Internet package and lack of refrigerator.

Edited by Jana60

I'm so glad someone mentioned that it was Mardis Gras. I hadn't even thought about that. We are sailing because it worked for DH's vacation and we received a Player's Club offer. This is just the icing on the cake for me. Very excited to see any special activities Carnival might have planned. I booked our hotel for Sunday night only on the same day I booked the cruise. I looked at Saturday night just now in case we wanted to go a day early and it doubled for that night! I think we'll just stick with Sunday night!!

my family typically sails in the fall - usually late october, november or early december. it's similar to february in that it is the "off season" for family cruisers, but as others have mentioned, that doesn't mean there are less people. however, with all that in mind, i will say that i don't recall there being too many instances where lines were an issue on the freedom or any of the other carnival ships i've been on. guy's never has a line and blue iguana might take 3 or 5 minutes since they arrange your tacos/burritos to order. you might have to shuffle along behind others in the buffet, but that's just the typical buffet atmosphere. i've never eaten at the mongolian wok, but i've heard that ends up being a bit of a wait, similar to how it is for the omelet stations in the morning. you might also have to be a bit patient if you have a tender port, but that's only if you are rushing to be off first.

there won't be lines necessarily for the punchliner shows, but the seats do fill up fast so you'll probably see a mad rush of people once they open the doors.

don't worry too much though - you're on vacation, you will definitely enjoy yourself! :D