Mexican Riviera Port Activities Worth Seeing

dachamps

We are going on the NCL-Star leaving 12/19. Ports are Acapulco, Zihuatanjo/Ixtapa, Puerto Vallarta, and Cabo San Lucas. Does anyone have a "don't miss" activity or place to see for any of these ports? There will be 3 of us...two are 55+:o and one is 23.

Any tour books that you recommend picking up either at the bookstore or a library?

Thanks!

In Puerto Vallarta the main thing I found in research was the beach that "Night of the Iguana" was filmed starring Elizabeth Taylor. Also in town is the Cathrdral with the crown top and many artictural sculptures along the boardwalk in town. We took a van taxi for $15 a person for three hours and toured town and then went to the beach where we hired water taxis to snorkel at Los Arcos. We then had the van drop us in town where we walked the boardwalk and shopped - only $2 taxi back to the ship per person.

Cabo we did a snorkel tour throught eh ship as we were not there long enough - only a few hours.

Have fun! Debbie

We are going on the NCL-Star leaving 12/19. Ports are Acapulco, Zihuatanjo/Ixtapa, Puerto Vallarta, and Cabo San Lucas. Does anyone have a "don't miss" activity or place to see for any of these ports? There will be 3 of us...two are 55+:o and one is 23.

Any tour books that you recommend picking up either at the bookstore or a library?

Thanks!

We will be on the STAR on 11/1/05. You should look on the ports board under Mexican Riviera. Lots of good suggestions there! happy sailing!

I was going to suggest also to check the port boards, always something there. I did just read in a book about the cliff divers, it wasn't a tour book, more of a women's fiction novel. Name of the book was After Midnight and author was Alisa Allan. The book had all of those ports in it, and you can search Barnes and Noble or Amazon, or google and find several other places to buy it.

I haven't been out to that side yet and am considering it for next cruise.

Aca and Zihua. are new ports to us. Check out the Mexico board, lots of great ideas. http://www.ranchoelcharro.com/cruise_ship.htm was suggested to us. We had such a great time on Randi's Happy Horses(mazatlan) that we were looking for something similar. I'm sure it will be awesome too. I heard the snorkeling in Cabo is better than any of the other ports. Dh went in P.V. with his brother but the water was murky.

Don't know if youo'll get to see whales yet, we're going in Jan. when you should be able to see them better.

I'll be waiting for your review. Have fun!!!

Archived