Suggestions for Belize tours

mickev99

I posted this on the Belize page, but have gotten no replies, so posting here since more people read this.

I am looking for tour operators in Belize that you have used for snorkeling and best place to snorkel.

We will be a party of 11, ranging in age from 11 years old to 53. We want to snorkel the reef, but don't have any interest in going to Shark Ray Alley. We did the stingrays in Grand Cayman, and really don't have any interest in doing it again.

I have looked up a lot of different companies, but want to get ideas from people who have used a company that they absolutely loved and what the difference in the places is (Ambergris Caye, Goff's Caye, Caye Caulker, Hol Chan Marine Reserve, Coral Gardens, Starfish Island (Bannister Island), etc...SO MUCH TO CHOOSE FROM!!) The less people on the boat, the better. Private vendor, not a ship sponsored excursion.

Help, please!!

We did Goff's Caye a few years back. I enjoyed it. The only caution I have is that one side of the little island is in the shipping channel so it gets deep quickly and the current can be strong. This is the side that the guide lead everyone on and then they let us snorkel by ourselves for a while. Since we had a little one we went to the other side for this. I used Island Marketing to book this through

We did Goff's Caye a few years back. I enjoyed it. The only caution I have is that one side of the little island is in the shipping channel so it gets deep quickly and the current can be strong. This is the side that the guide lead everyone on and then they let us snorkel by ourselves for a while. Since we had a little one we went to the other side for this. I used Island Marketing to book this through

Thanks. I was leaning towards Goff's Caye, but I had read that the whole island is the size of a football field, which seems tiny. Was it small and crowded? There will be 4 ships in port that day so I'm concerned about that.

We went to Goff Caye in 2009 on an excursion through Carnival and loved it! They have 50-60 people but we were able to get away from the crowd and it felt like we were on a private island. We are going back in November with island Marketing. I'll try to remember to come back to this thread once we return.

Thanks so much! I am so happy to hear this about Goff's Caye, because that was my first choice since it says we can swim out to the reef instead of having to take a boat out (even though we take a boat to the Caye). Good to hear about Island Marketing, too. They seem to have the cheapest prices.

Edited by mickev99

Last February we did snorkeling and trip to Starfish Island / Banister Caye. We booked in thru the ship $59 pp? We had a great time, our tip was in the afternoon leaving at Noon. We took a tender over around 10am, walked around and then had some lunch. Met up with our excursion for a trip out to the reef, we snorkeled for about an hour which was just enough time. We then headed over to Starfish Island and spent 90 minutes on the beach. On the way back we were dropped off at the ship which was nice. If you take the morning trip you are picked up on the ship and then you end the excursion at the docks in Belize. At least thats how it was handled then

You might try posting your question in the Cruise Discussion Topics forum under Scuba and Snorkeling.

LOL, I didn't even know there was such a page! I posted this on the Belize page 4 days ago and got no reply, posted it here a few hours ago and already have 4 or 5 replies...not sure that anyone really reads those other pages very often. I will definitely go check it out, though, thanks!!