Bumpout rooms on the coral? - advice??

honeymoon06

We are about to book B426 or B424 on the Baja deck on the coral.

Can anyone tell me what these cabins are like. They're in the middle of the bumpout. Is this a good place on the ship? Are the balconies quite private?

Is it a problem being close to the lifts and stairs?

(we may also be able to get exactly the same position on the caribe or aloha deck.....are either of these better than the bumpout on the baja deck??)

It will be our honeymoon and our first cruise so we don't want to pick the wrong cabin! Any advice will be very appreciated! Thank you.

We are about to book B426 or B424 on the Baja deck on the coral.

Can anyone tell me what these cabins are like. They're in the middle of the bumpout. Is this a good place on the ship? Are the balconies quite private?

Is it a problem being close to the lifts and stairs?

(we may also be able to get exactly the same position on the caribe or aloha deck.....are either of these better than the bumpout on the baja deck??)

It will be our honeymoon and our first cruise so we don't want to pick the wrong cabin! Any advice will be very appreciated! Thank you.

To the question of bumpout cabins. They are definitely better. Your view is far better from these balconies, and the balconies are covered and private. The minisuites on the end of the bumpouts are not quite as private...we had these cabins twice on the Aloha deck and loved them.

As for the lifts and stairs....you are better off near them. Not so far to walk at the end of a busy day and you do not hear any noises.

I would stay with the Baja, but the Caribe is also good. The Aloha balconies are not completely covered.

I think you've got the right cabin, and I know you have the right ship. I love the Coral and you will too.

Thanks for your advice!

Sounds like we've got a good cabin!

Can't wait to go. The coral sounds a very beautiful ship.

You're very welcome. You will be very happy on the Coral. And congratulations and best wishes on your upcoming marriage. Many happy years to you both.

We were in B502 (bump out section). Don't worry about the elevators. People don't really walk by the rooms in the bump out section. There is a wall in front of the rooms. So, when people get off the elevator to walk down to their rooms, they go on the other side of the wall (unless they are in the bump out section). Hope I explained that right! It is nice because you don't have a lot of people walking by your room.

Linda....You will like the bump out section. The room we had was not a mini suite so the bathrooms were small. But, there are also mini suites in the bump out section. We just figured that we aren't in our room long so did not know if we wanted to pay the extra money.

The Coral and the Island Princess have 3 sections that are "pushed out". They are a group of rooms (12 in the front of the ship, 8 in the middle, and about 16 in the back) that stick out further than the other rooms. Go to the Princess website and check the deck plans on these ships to see what I mean as it is hard to explain. I don't know if any other ships have this, but these two.

Archived