Now what! 4 Days before cruise.

knothead

As some of you know my MIL passed away a few days ago and up to this point I really didn't think we would make our trip, So I haven't packed or gotten things togerther. Now it just hit me I"M LEAVING IN DAYS FOR A CRUISE!!!!!! I"M NOT PACKED!!! Why am I sitting here on the boards with so much to get done. Someone remind me of things I need to do... First get list, go to cleaners - Oh get off the computer. Bye Happy sails. :)

So sorry to hear of your loss. Sounds like you need a cruise to bring you some peace and happiness. Something about being out in the middle of the ocean with nothing in site is calming! As far as what to do....I'd say....pack as lightly as possible. Bring a camera for great shots. Focus your mind on what you are about to experience and just live for the day. I hope you have a wonderful trip!

I am sorry...I did not know...I must have missed it during the great "evacuation":cool:

I know its not as hard what you folks are going through,but I am in the same boat...I packed all the cruise clothes when we evacuated...Now I have to sort through re-iron and re-pack...And here I sit...

We sure do need this trip don't we...

We pack before we head to the airport, granted I have clothes on a rack attached to the closet that just go in the suitcase. So hit the dry cleaner to pickup tomorrow or day after. Then it goes on the rack to pack. Then the carry on, you can be shooting baskets with items to go, load of fun for those 3 pointers!

Just remember, mom is on the cruise also since she is with you for life!

As some of you know my MIL passed away a few days ago and up to this point I really didn't think we would make our trip, So I haven't packed or gotten things togerther. Now it just hit me I"M LEAVING IN DAYS FOR A CRUISE!!!!!! I"M NOT PACKED!!! Why am I sitting here on the boards with so much to get done. Someone remind me of things I need to do... First get list, go to cleaners - Oh get off the computer. Bye Happy sails. :)

First, my sincere condolences for the loss of your mother-in-law. From personal experience, cruising is one of the best things to do while your heart is heavy with grief. Now, on to the practical "stuff".

Don't bother with a trip to the cleaners. I've found that prices onboard are comparable to my local drycleaners - in fact, some things actually cost less. Also, don't spend precious time ironing, I also send dresses, DH's dress shirts, tux, etc out to be pressed. Pack some Downy Wrinkle Release for t-shirts, dockers and the like. Don't forget to pack meds. toilettries, etc., as these are really expensive to buy onboard or in port. Anything else you forget - you can always pick up while you're away.

Take a deep breath and try to smile - YOU'RE GOING ON A CRUISE!!!!

I hope this cruise brings you peace and comfort.

Sue

I totally understand the need to get packing situation. We leave on the Celebrity Mercury Thursday, I'm still at work trying to catch up, wondering when I'll get the packing done. Thankfully the pier is a short drive away and no plane to catch. But, no time to iron at all, I'll hand over a pile of clothes to be pressed when I board.

This sounds like a good plan for you, though you've been through a difficult time, the ocean should bring you peace.

I am sorry...I did not know...I must have missed it during the great "evacuation":cool:

I know its not as hard what you folks are going through,but I am in the same boat...I packed all the cruise clothes when we evacuated...Now I have to sort through re-iron and re-pack...And here I sit...

We sure do need this trip don't we...

So glad to see you on the boards again. There must be a story behind those quotation marks. But, that is all history. You have a cruise in 4 freaken days!! Have a super wonderful time and please post a review upon your return.

Whenever we go away, be it a land trip or a cruise I always pack not more than 2 days before. I brought downy wrinkle guard on our last cruise and it worked beautifully. I never needed to send anything out to be ironed or even steamed out in the bathroom.

Knothead, sorry for your and your family's loss. Seems like this cruise will be a wonderful time to reflect and relax. There really IS something special about being one with the sea. Enjoy it all.

The sea and the earth is where we all came from and we shall return. There is a tranquility of being at sea that I can't find on land. I, too, am sorry for your loss knothead, and hope this cruise may bring you some peace.

Rick

PS Don't forget the most important thing.......documents, without them you don't need clothes!:D

You will be fine. I am the worlds most efficiant list maker so feel free to e-mail me if you want any of mine. Just one thing at a time. Suitcases out then something for every single day. You have plenty of time. Only morons like me pack 6 months out.

Archived