To my Fellow Canadians.........

zzczopfamily

When booking a Carnival cruise, do you book with Carnival? and do you ask for the price in US funds?

I was inquiring yesterday about a cruise we are interested in and the representative from Carnival stated if she quoted me in US funds I would get price protection, but if she gave it to me in Cdn funds I could not do the price protection.......

any thoughts?

Thanks

I book with Carnival, and I book early saver and in US funds. I have no problem getting the price drops (on cruises where they are available).

It was nice because in August/September, the price of my 2 B2B cruises went down enough to account for the change in the dollar from when I booked.

We're Canadians and never knew you could have them charge you in CAD. It makes sense that you'd be ineligible for price drops, as that would get complicated very quick with the exchange rate.

We're really hoping our dollar picks up soon, it's starting to add a significant amount to our cruise budget.

Never thought of getting a quote in CAD.

We usually pay the USD, we do have a credit card that is in US funds. As well as a US dollar account.

The exchange rate does suck, but we just save a little more and maybe have a few less drinks on the cruise!

We booked in US funds and the exchange was better when we booked originally. Did do price match because of ES and got OBC $200 for 1 cabin and $30 for another. I hope we can get another price drop for the $30 one but our ship is looking full.

We booked in cad using a travel agent. They should be able to match whatever promotion carnival is offering.

I also called carnival to get the U.S. Equivalent of my price per person so I can search online for any price drops - so far it's only gone up :(

Carnival does quote in cad but at a higher rate than the current exchange. I'm surprised they won't let you do the early saver if you use a pvp.

We just booked directly through Carnival (we were living in Edmonton at the time). It just seemed easier to deal with the exchange rate once. I also pre-paid my gratuities when the exchange rate was favorable, figured that would save a little money. I tried to book as much as I could in advance when I got a good rate.