Best Way to Galveston Port From Houston Airport?

b8tzm

Be sure you know which airport you are flying into and out of before confirming your transfers

IAH Bush Inter-Continental....way north of Houston (1.5 to 2 hour trip to Galveston)

HOU Hobby...45 minutes from the pier. on south side of Houston

If I fly into Houston what is the best way to get to Galveston? Are there shuttles or what other options? THANKS
As noted above, Galveston Limo can take you. It's $35 per person one way, or $60 R/T.

If you plan to spend an extra couple of days poking around on Galveston and think wheels may be of use, Enterprise has one-way rentals out of IAH (and Hobby, if you're flying SW) to Galveston at pretty reasonable prices.

As noted above, Galveston Limo can take you. It's $35 per person one way, or $60 R/T.

If you plan to spend an extra couple of days poking around on Galveston and think wheels may be of use, Enterprise has one-way rentals out of IAH (and Hobby, if you're flying SW) to Galveston at pretty reasonable prices.

Is that price from IAH? or Hobby. We have to use IAH due to flying Frontier. Thats a great deal. :) Hope I can get it.............

My schedule may be a little tight from Galveston to IAH; return flight is 1:30. Is it better to take the Celebrity shuttle for the return trip? We will have to take Galveston Limo or another private concern to Galveston as we are coming in 2 days early.

Any suggestions?

You can rent a "one way" car from either Hertz or Enterprise. Expensive, but both companies will take you to the cruise port after you drop off your luggage and passengers. Gives you more freedom and options to explore the area.

Just a bit more than the shuttle, and if you have three or more, less expensive.

Enterprise is a couple of blocks from the port and Hertz is 2.6 miles.

Enjoy!

Kel

My schedule may be a little tight from Galveston to IAH; return flight is 1:30. Is it better to take the Celebrity shuttle for the return trip? We will have to take Galveston Limo or another private concern to Galveston as we are coming in 2 days early.

Any suggestions?

Like you, we're coming in 2 days early -- hence the rental car. My final quote from Enterprise didn't include a 1-way drop charge, BTW, and shows Galveston as the drop point -- $58 and change for two days. Not exactly "expensive"!

I think we'll probably take the transfer from Celebrity on the way home. They're pretty good about staging disembarkation based upon departure times, and they know they'll have a bunch on their buses for 1:30 and similar times. Should get you there without problems.

galveston is not that big of a place. they have a trolly that runs around the island or you can always hail a cab. they also have those little eco car rental places. galveston limo is very reliable. we have used them on several occasions and never had a problem. they will ask upfront your flight schedule and they will have a vehicle waiting for you at the pier on the return.

i hear a lot of folks talking about enterprise, last time i heard, a while back, there were no one way rentals anymore. it is possible they have reopened the office there.

You can rent a "one way" car from either Hertz or Enterprise. Expensive, but both companies will take you to the cruise port after you drop off your luggage and passengers. Gives you more freedom and options to explore the area.

Just a bit more than the shuttle, and if you have three or more, less expensive.

Enterprise is a couple of blocks from the port and Hertz is 2.6 miles.

Enjoy!

Kel

OK that makes sense. We drop off the luggage at the port, then take the car over to enterprise, and they will take us back to the ship for check in. (with just our carry on's) I was pictureing alot of luggage handleing otherwise, and DH would have a frowny face:mad:

OK that makes sense. We drop off the luggage at the port, then take the car over to enterprise, and they will take us back to the ship for check in. (with just our carry on's) I was pictureing alot of luggage handleing otherwise, and DH would have a frowny face:mad:
They're cool with the luggage if you don't want to make the extra trip to the port just to drop the luggage. You take the car back to Enterprise and they take you to the port, luggage and all if you like.

Archived