maggiemouse

We got off fascination today

Our captain did a wonderful job getting us home safely

And all the workers went beyond the call of duty

I have read here about ships coming in before us and how terrible the seas were

Disney and I think norwegian both rerouted and didn't go to bahamas

Question is why didn't carnival do the same

We had a rough ride

Not to mention not being able to enjoy the cruise because I was worried the entire time

Then we saw the news about the cargo ship and it makes you really think about what could have happened

And the boat was rocking most of this trip

We had beAutiful port days but not a good feeling going on an excursion and heAring schools closed due to hurricane

I know it's a risk to sail in Oct

But I got on ship thinking they would reroute us

My mistake not asking

And not getting off ship before it started

We were on this cruise as well and were pleasantly surprised at how nice the weather was.

We were worried that the cruise would be a bust and figured that it would rain everyday. I anticipated either being rerouted to Key West, or changing our first day to a Sea Day instead of our last. The captain made several announcements about the storm and weather and kept us updated. We only ended up with very minor changes. We arrived in Freeport 1.5 hours early and departed one hour early. We also got an extra hour in Nassau.

The only rain I saw was within the first couple hours of leaving Jacksonville. We had a few showers that only lasted a few minutes. Both Freeport and Nassau weather was beautiful. Nassau was pretty windy and the seas were rough. We went to Atlantis to get beach passes, which is what we typically do. Paid for the cab ride over only to learn the beaches were closed...so we went back and did some shopping. The boat was rocking a bit on a couple of the days. I did not think it was bad at all.

Overall this cruise turned out much much better than it could have. The crew did an amazing job of keeping us in the best weather possible.