Star Princess Sauna and Steam room

star58

I noticed on the Star Princess Deck Plans that there is a male and a female steam room and a sauna as part of the Lotus Spa. Has anyone used them before? They seem so hidden that I was wondering whether anyone uses them or due to their small size it it impossible to get in the door because they are crowded?

My dh loves to sit in a sauna and I was hoping he would get a chance on this trip.

Star Princess-Mediterranean 5/28/04

Navigator - W Caribbean 6/03

Adventurer -S Caribbean 6/02

Explorer - E Caribbean 5/01

NCL - Caribbean 11/78

The dry sauna and wet steam room are entered via the shower rooms. Therefore, they are indeed separate. I thought both rooms were just as large as you would find in most nice hotels and could comfortably accomodate up to 12 persons each.

Hi Star,

There are many choices for the saunas and steam. Inside the ladies area is: 2 toilet closets, 3 or 4 sinks; then there is a lobby (small) like room with about 4 good-sized (not small like your cabin) showers that dispense shampoo. Conditioner, bar soap, and lotions are heaped on the counter in shell dishes. Each shower has a really nice wash cloth draped over it and the towels are stacked high where you first enter. Off this same foyer-like room (I just don't know how else to describe it), there is a sauna on one side and a steam room on the other. They are a fairly good size. Men's side has the same set-up. Now in here, you can be nude (as most do, I believe) and just lie on your towel or sit. There are lockers and to get a key, just go to the reception and exchange your room keycard for a locker key, so you don't have to worry about your clothes and purse. They seem to have thought of everything - lots of towels too.

When you go more forward (like toward the gym), there is the portion that is mixed - that is, you will wear your bathing suit and you and your husband can go in together. There are several different steam and sauna rooms. I especially loved the one with the orange blossom scent. Also, try the Rainforest shower. It is like a vichy shower except you stand up (lots of shower heads spaced from head to toe). Then there is a private room that you can go in and lock the door. In here is a large shower, basin and vanity, a chair, products to use, and the Rasul room which is a steam where you can put mud on one another. What fun - then you step out and shower off. Don't forget, before and after, to lie on the tile loungers. They are warmed with hot water and there is no better place to be when that ship is rockin' and rollin'. It is up top and about as forward as you can get. I loved that place. You can try all of these things for free. It is so relaxing. Do it all!

A Smile is just a little curve that sets a lot of things Straight.

Fair Winds and Following Seas!

I was so interested in your review that I printed it. I especially like the part that it was all free; however, in another post further down, they were talking about the charges for the Rasul Room.

Is it free or is there a charge?

Is this the same as something I hear about called the Relaxation room?

Do you know what this is and do you know if there is a charge for this too?

Thanks for posting.

Hi, Kellyann,

Thank you. There is a charge for the Rasul "treatment." I'm not sure what all it involves but I will look at my daughter's booking (she is sailing on 5 June CB and all the spa menu is on there). I think it involves a full-body massage and mud. However, while I was wandering around on one of my many visits to the spa (on the Star), I went into the Raseul suite (I forget the exotic name of it) and, with no one there, it seemed that you would be able to use the facility - just have to bring your own mud, or just sit in the steam together. I think that the Relaxation room is probably the large part that is co-ed that is equipped with more steam rooms, the vichy (Rainforest) shower, and the warm tile loungers. You put your towels down and then lie down and put more towels on top of you. It is shaped to your body (curved) as if half reclining. I don't see any treatments that look like the Rasul, however, here is a list. I'll see if I can find prices.

DERF (Fred) was asking about men's treatments. You will see that there are some specifically designed for men. Whatever you chose - it will be wonderful. This is the menu for the new Spa operated by Princess on Caribbean Princess first, and then on Sapphire and the next ship may be the Diamond. They have to wait until the Steiners contracts end before the changeover on each ship.

Aromatic Pine Sea Scrub | 25 Min

Lotus Men: A gentle exfoliation of sea salts rich in minerals and trace elements combines with pine essential oils to stimulate the skin and improve circulation. Finish with a marine base micro-emulsion spray applied to the body, protecting against free radicals and leaving the skin looking and feeling new.

Aromatic Pine Sea Scrub | 50 Min

Lotus Men: A gentle exfoliation of sea salts rich in minerals and trace elements combines with pine essential oils to stimulate the skin and improve circulation. Finish with a marine base micro-emulsion spray applied to the body, protecting against free radicals and leaving the skin looking and feeling new.

Aroma Quench Elixir | 115 Min

Marine nutrients and trace elements combine with the powerful aromatherapy oils of ylang-ylang, sage, sandalwood and lavender to create a stimulating and energizing body elixir. Finish with a HydraDelicat Body Spray and Moisturizing Body Cream application. Note: This treatment may be experienced in the Flotation Bed for an extra charge. See "Lotus Floatation Aroma Quench Elixir" for details.

Golden Sun Kiss | 50 Min

Avoid the harmful effects of the sun's rays with this bronzing skin treatment. A gentle exfoliation prepares the skin for our Soleil Auto Bronzant spray, evenly applied to the face and body for a streak-less tan. A home care product is included to prolong your healthy glow. Also available under the Lotus Youth Menu.

Lotus Blossom | 25 Min

Aromatic essences extracted from the Lotus Flower and Primrose are combined with floral grains to create a gentle exfoliant that smoothes and moisturizes the skin. Finish with a floral milk cream that is massaged into the body to restore balance and hydration.

Lotus Splash | 50 Min

Immerse your body in a floral bath inspired by the Lotus Flower to enlighten and bring harmony to the mind and body. A delicate perfume and aura surround you in and out of the bath. Finish with a splash of blended creams and oils that nurture the skin, leaving you in a state of total bliss.

Marine Algae Masque | 50 Min

This seaweed therapy and moisturizing application is customized to meet your body's individual needs, focusing on either contouring or firming. Our unique algae wrap helps rid the body of toxins, improving circulation and leaving the body fully restored. Note: This treatment may be experienced in the Flotation Bed for an extra charge. See "Lotus Floatation Marine Algae Masque" for details.

Ocean Glow Polish | 25 Min

Utilizing the healing power of marine extracts, this nourishing sea scrub leaves your skin feeling smooth and looking radiant. You may personalize this treatment by selecting from our relaxation-inducin OligoForce Serums that target contouring or firming.

Oceanic Plunge | 50 Min

Therapeutic marine extracts relax the body, while powerful jets massage sore and tight muscles and assist your body's absorption of complex minerals, vitamins and trace elements to detoxify, nourish and rebalance. A brief wrap, refreshing shower and moisturizing massage complete this bathing ritual.

Sacred Garden Ritual | 50 Min

Apricot oil, floral extracts and creamy milk create an aromatic body potion that soothes the spirit and eases the mind. A warm cocoon envelops the body, nourishes the skin and induces total relxation. Finish with a light body polish and refreshing floral spray. Note: This treatment may be experienced in the Flotation Bed for an extra charge. See "Lotus Floatation Sacred Garden Ritual" for details.

Sea Essence Duet | 50 Min

Enjoy the dual benefits of a creamy exfoliation and relaxing massage. Aromatic seawater and essential oils from pine and lavender combine to nourish and soothe the skin. A self-heating mud is applied to the back of the soles of the feet, releasing tension and comforting muscles.

Sea Foam Thermal Wrap | 80 Min

Rich, bubbling, self-heating sea mud penetrates the skin to ease muscle tension and detoxify the body. You are then drenched in a nourishing anti-aging body cream that remineralizes your skin, leaving it looking and feeling new. Note: This treatment may be experienced in the Flotation Bed for an extra charge. See "Lotus Floatation Sea Foam Thermal Wrap" for details.

Sea Tonic Escape | 80 Min

A body treatment that will make your skin look and feel younger. Your body is first drenched with an active concentrate that delivers anti-aging ingredients deep into your skin. You are then submerged into a jetted therapeutic sea tonic, inducing relxation and firming the skin. This treatment finishes with a rich, antiaging cream applied from head to toe.

* For your convenience, a 15% gratuity will be added to the purchase price of each service.

Cancellation Policy: Please review the summary page if you would like to review or cancel a spa reservation online. Please provide 24 hours notice for appointment cancellation, or your onboard account will be charged 100% of the treatment cost. Complete refunds are available for returned items, with receipt and prior to the end of your cruise. We regret that opened retail products cannot be exchanged or returned. You may also contact 1-800-PRINCESS if you need further assistance.

Some Lotus Spa services may not be listed here. For assistance with these services, please see your Lotus Spa professional onboard the ship, For more information, view Lotus Spa Services

OH! I FOUND IT.

The tabular got a little stuffed up in the copy & paste; the first price is the Port Days and the seconde price is the Sea Days:

Steam and Sauna Time Port Day Price Sea Day Price

Ancient Steam & Sauna Rituals Comp Comp

Rasul Experience 30 min $45 $65

Lotus Salon Time Port Day Price Sea Day Price

Shampoo & Style Times Vary $25/30/35 $35/40/45

Blow Dry & Style Times Vary $20/25/30 $20/30/40

Lady's Haircut & Finish Times Vary $40/50/60 $50/60/70

Gentleman's Haircut & Finish Times Vary $25 $35

Child's haircut & Finish Times Vary $20 $25

Special Occasion Up-do Times Vary $40/50/60 $45/55/65

Invigorating Lotus Time Port Day Price Sea Day Price

Step-X-Press 60 min Comp Comp

Total Body Conditioning 30 min Comp Comp

Power Walk 30 min Comp Comp

Xpress Circuit 60 min Comp Comp

Simply Lotus Time Port Day Price Sea Day Price

Dance Lotus 60 min Comp Comp

Floating Lotus 60 min Comp Comp

Lotus Fusion 60 min Comp Comp

Lotus Horizon 30 min Comp Comp

Specialty Lotus Time Port Day Price Sea Day Price

Lotus Yoga 60 min $10 $10

Lotus Kick-Box 30 min $10 $10

Group Cycling program 45 min $10 $10

Group Pilates Mat-Based Training 60 min $10 $10

Personalized Lotus Time Port Day Price Sea Day Price

Pilates One-On-One Instruction 60 min $45 $65

Personal Training 60 min/Set of 3 $55/Set $150 $75/Set $195

Body Composition Analysis & Consult 30 min $20 $40

Additional Services Time Port Day Price Sea Day Price

Polish Change 15 min $10 $15

French Polish Change 15 min $15 $20

Paraffin Wrap 15 min $10 $15

The previous menus that I posted were for Body Treatments. I would like to try the Hot Stones (never had that one before). Here is the menu for Massage:

AromaVedic | 50 Min

A traditional Eastern massage centered on aromachology, this scientific treatment combines specialized techniques with essential oils to penetrate deep into the muscle tissue, improving circulation and promotion an overall feeling of well-being in the mind and body.

AromaVedic | 80 Min

A traditional Eastern massage centered on aromachology, this scientific treatment combines specialized techniques with essential oils to penetrate deep into the muscle tissue, improving circulation and promotion an overall feeling of well-being in the mind and body.

Deep Tissue | 50 Min

A cross-fiber massage technique that reaches the deeper muscle layers to alleviate stress and promote muscle restoration and detoxification. Deep pressure is applied to specific trigger points, focusing "on the moment" to answer warning signals from the body.

Deep Tissue | 80 Min

A cross-fiber massage technique that reaches the deeper muscle layers to alleviate stress and promote muscle restoration and detoxification. Deep pressure is applied to specific trigger points, focusing "on the moment" to answer warning signals from the body.

Massage | 25 Min

Lotus Youth: Enjoy this Asian-inspired massage and its effects on the body and mind. Your Lotus Professional will share facts and advice that you can apply to your individual daily life back home. A wonderful start to a healthier life.

Massage | 50 Min

Lotus Youth: Enjoy this Asian-inspired massage and its effects on the body and mind. Your Lotus Professional will share facts and advice that you can apply to your individual daily life back home. A wonderful start to a healthier life.

Muscle Thermal Repair | 50 Min

Lotus Men: Perfect for muscle stiffness or injury. A warm marine mud is applied to the injured muscle group, stimulating reflex points throughout the body, and bringing relief and healing to the affected area. A relaxing fitness massage completes the repair work.

Reflexology | 25 Min

A form of "pressure treatment" focusing on certain reflex points, located in the feet, that correlate to specific organs and integral body systems. Benefits include relaxation, enhanced circulation and inner balance.

Steaming Stones | 50 Min

Incorporating hot basalt stones into traditional massage techniques, this treatment penetrates the muscles to ease tension and stimulate circulation. Promotes relaxation, detoxification and emotional balance.

Steaming Stones | 80 Min

Incorporating hot basalt stones into traditional massage techniques, this treatment penetrates the muscles to ease tension and stimulate circulation. Promotes relaxation, detoxification and emotional balance.

Swedish | 25 Min

Ideal for the first-time spa experience, this relaxing therapy utilizes five specific movements: long strokes, kneading, friction, tapping and vibration to detoxify the body, ease sore muscles, relieve tension and improve circulation.

Swedish | 50 Min

Ideal for the first-time spa experience, this relaxing therapy utilizes five specific movements: long strokes, kneading, friction, tapping and vibration to detoxify the body, ease sore muscles, relieve tension and improve circulation.

Swedish | 80 Min

Thermal Fitness | 50 Min

Designed for the physically active, this pre- or post-exercise massage uses a warm, self-heating sea mud that triggers reflex points throughout the body as its thermal energy builds. Improves range of motion and increases oxygenation to muscle tissue, with an emphasis on stretching and resistance work.

Thermal Fitness | 80 Min

Designed for the physically active, this pre- or post-exercise massage uses a warm, self-heating sea mud that triggers reflex points throughout the body as its thermal energy builds. Improves range of motion and increases oxygenation to muscle tissue, with an emphasis on stretching and resistance work.

Here is the Facial Menu. To figure prices, it is about the same as your dentist charges, $1 per minute, or $60 an hour (plus tip). Some choices for you too, DERF.

AromaVedic Therapy | 50 Min

This ayurvedic-inspired treatment to the face and decollete celebrates the exquisite powers of aromatherapy. Aromatic floral water, Vitam C, grapefruit, lavender and lemon are just a few of nature's gifts adding nourishment and clarity to your skin.

AromaVedic Back Cleanse | 50 Min

Healing flower extracts. Deep-penetrating fruit acids. This ayurvedic-inspired cleansing facial for the back incoporates a blend of double exfoliation techniques and Eastern massage, while the natural elements cleanse, hydrate and soothe the back.

Cool Marine Facial & Massage | 80 Min

Lotus Men: Begin with a relaxing neck and back massage, followed by a warm marine mud compress that melts away tension along the spinal column. Nutrient-rich marine extracts, specifically designed to meet man's needs, offer deep pore cleansing while fighting the effects of free radicals.

Fresh Perspective Eye Treatment | 25 Min

Lotus Men: Fight against aging with this targeted face and eye treatment that can be added to any Lotus Spa service. This procedure eliminates signs of fatigue, congestion, puffiness and dark circles. Results are seen immediately.

Lotus Lift Signature Treatment | 80 Min

A sophisticated facial treatment from the Vie Collection AGE Concept line created by Phytomer. Begin this anti-aging treatment with our Micro-D exfoliating massage that improves hydration an dreduces fine lines and wrinkles. Finish with a warm thermal lifting mask that seals in moisture, completing the age-reversing process.

Facial | 50 Min

Lotus Youth: Learn the importance of proper skincare in this informative facial treatment. Your Lotus Professional will teach you how to be proactive in preventing blemishes, fighting the effects of free radicals and protecting the skin from the sun's harmful rays.

Marine Masquerade Moisturizing | 80 Min

First, a warm compress of bubbling sea mud is applied to the upper back back to ease tension, followed by a light exfoliation and deep cleansing. Next, our therapists customize a therapeutic facial mask to fit your needs. A relaxing massage to the face, decollete, scalp and hands completes the experience.

Marine Masquerade Sensitive | 80 Min

First, a warm compress of bubbling sea mud is applied to the upper back back to ease tension, followed by a light exfoliation and deep cleansing. Next, our therapists customize a therapeutic facial mask to fit your needs. A relaxing massage to the face, decollete, scalp and hands completes the experience.

Marine Masquerade Reactive-Calming | 80 Min

Marine Masquerade Anti-Aging | 80 Min

Seaside Solution | 50 Min

Your Lotus Spa professional will conduct a skin analysis and customize a treatment that targets your skin's specific needs. A blend of deep-cleansing marine nutrients is massaged into the skin, leaving the face and decollete toned and revitalized.

Archived