Carnival "Amazing Race" excursion

MaiTaiMary

If I remember correctly, our excursion was at 11:00 or 11:30 which was nice as no rushing in the morning and we enjoyed breakfast in MDR. We did not get done until about 2:00 or 2:30, had lunch at the restaurant where the race ended then took the transportation provided by Carnival back to port area. We were exhausted and we have been to Coz many times before so we got back on ship. Grabbed naps and then dressed for dinner (early seating).

I got stuck with a couple I didn't know. The man wrote slower than any human, couldn't spell and wouldn't give up control. At the end he took all the freebies given at the end, never bothered to ask if I wanted one. Good thing I didn't.

The museum part was the hardest. The sign had too many people around it. Lots of walking in the hot, hot sun.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
I just read in one of the reviews that it's a 2 hour bus ride to get to the starting point. Yikes! I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned this. Is this accurate?

Thanks.

Not even close. Someone is confused. The tour starts downtown which is a 10 minute cab ride. They have you meet right off the ship and put you in cabs to take you to the starting point. The cost of the cab is figured into your tour price.

We did this last year and loved it. A lot of fun for all ages. Great way to see and experience a lot fo Cozumel. The locals getting involved just made it more fun.

Not even close. Someone is confused. The tour starts downtown which is a 10 minute cab ride. They have you meet right off the ship and put you in cabs to take you to the starting point. The cost of the cab is figured into your tour price.

Phew! thank you!:D

• 1 month later...
Just curious, is it the same game every time? If so, what is to stop someone from knowing all the answers/clues in advance?

We've not done it, but I'm 1,000,000% certain that any "winnings" are trinkets that are cute but w/o any value beyond the fun memory.

There's one specific part I'm thinking of where you are at a museum and have to read the plaques at every display that an 8-year-old "me" would probably not have been thrilled with.

However, I think the fact that they love the show and would be on the same team to help each other would probably keep this fun for them.

The museum was the hard part. The plaque was too crowded to get close enough to see it.

• 8 months later...

My boyfriend and I did this back in February. So fun!! We were on RCI so it wasn't offered thru the ship. It's very easy to book on your own, you just have to get yourself to the starting point instead of being picked up. I think we were able to walk but we were not an the Main port. Our boat docked down at the port near Senor Frogs. It is stated on their website that if it's offered thru the ship you must book that way.

The excursion is really fun. My boyfriend and I didn't team up with anyone and did it on our own. I have slight mobility issues and was unable to run on the uneven sidewalks and we still had a blast. We were very quick with the clues so even without running we were 5th out of 11 teams. It was all adults when we did it but I could see kids having fun too. We had plenty of time to hop in a cab and go to the beach after.