Can someone give me examples of Camp Carnival activities for ages 2-5?

Mybearsbaby

Hi everyone! My lil guy is 2 1/2. We are thinking of taking him to cc for the first time on our next cruise. He is Doing well with potty training, but still has a few accidents. Will he be allowed to go to camp? If so, what kinds of activities do they do with them? If they watch movies/tv, what kinds of programs do they show? Is there anything I need to be aware of? What are their hours? TIA! :)

Hi =) We cruised with our 3 year old son and 7 year old son this year. They both did camp carnival but were in separate groups. My 3 year old wears diapers. They had their own supply and changed him when needed. You'll get a schedule for the entire cruise when you go to the parent's meeting on the first night. Then you can decide what activities are best suited for him and take him at those times. He took part in a pirate party, finger painting, decorating his own tshirt, bubble party,

building blocks stuff...they have age appropriate activities. The only time that they played movies was during night owls which you pay for. They went one night and watched a disney movie and had popcorn. As far as I know, they didn't watch shows at any other time. They were open from 10ish to 4ish...closed for an hour and then you can bring your kid for dinner if you choose to. And then they are open until 10pm. After 10, it's night owl time. They'll give you a cell phone also that you keep all cruise and will call if there are any issues.

Edited by TiffyLtheDork

I've cruised twice with the kids. Both times I had one in the same age range as yours. They keep the kids busy with all kinds of activities. Lots of crafts (including making their own T shirt), story telling, dance party, puppets. I agree with previous post, they only watched movies at night. My children LOVED camp. We would hang out with them most of the day unless camp was doing an activity they were really excited about. At night, after dinner we would drop them off and they were always sad when we would come back to get them, lol.

We have sent our DD several times. It can be hit or miss with how much your child will like it, so keep that in mind so you do not have unreasonable expectations. My DD did a lot better our cruise when she was 3 1/2 than she did when she was 2. But then we went on Disney when she was 4 and she did not do as well as she did on Carnival. So you really can't tell.

I think on sea days they open around 10. They ask you to pick up your child at some point for lunch and then close again around 5 ish to set up for dinner. About 6 or 6:30 they open again and have dinner in the buffet or you can wait a bit and bring them later. Then they are open until 10. After 10, they are still open but they charge. I think you can do that (night owls) until like 2 or so. I am not positive, because we did not use it for that long.

Port days are different as far as the schedule goes.

Activities- they did things like stories, games, crafts etc. I thought it was pretty age appropriate. The only time I remember movies was late night and they were kids movies. Nothing offensive.

Edited by cruzinlisa

We have sent our DD several times. It can be hit or miss with how much your child will like it, so keep that in mind so you do not have unreasonable expectations. My DD did a lot better our cruise when she was 3 1/2 than she did when she was 2. But then we went on Disney when she was 4 and she did not do as well as she did on Carnival. So you really can't tell.

I think on sea days they open around 10. They ask you to pick up your child at some point for lunch and then close again around 5 ish to set up for dinner. About 6 or 6:30 they open again and have dinner in the buffet or you can wait a bit and bring them later. Then they are open until 10. After 10, they are still open but they charge. I think you can do that (night owls) until like 2 or so. I am not positive, because we did not use it for that long.

Port days are different as far as the schedule goes.

Activities- they did things like stories, games, crafts etc. I thought it was pretty age appropriate. The only time I remember movies was late night and they were kids movies. Nothing offensive.

Thank you :)