Tampa: Parking/shuttle/hotel prices/best deal?

Mybearsbaby

Hi! I haven't been to Tampa in a few years, and I guess a lot has changed. ;) We used to stay At the LaQuinta Near Bush Gardens, and they had a shuttle/parking package. We usually drive down, leave our car for the duration of the cruise, and shuttle over/back.

I called, and was told they no longer offer this. I called several others, and also no dice. We usually choose LaQuinta because it is so budget friendly, and for one night, we don't mind no frills as long as it is clean and has breakfast.

Do yal know of any good park/cruise hotels under $120 or so? We don't mind paying a little for the shuttle ride, as I know some charge $10 or so pp. Can some of yall who drove tell me your experience and what you payed with different options? We are also open to other parking/shuttle options, but we just haven't ever tried it and don't know what to expect. TIA!

Still awaiting anyone's past experience, but I have been doing a lot or hours of research while I was awaiting a response, and I found that it may be better for me to use either Parktologists or 241 for my parking/shuttle, and then book a Best Western or LaQuinta or something similar for the room. That should put me near my budget. Just thought I would go ahead and post what I found in case anyone else has a similar question. I found some two star hotels for $69-79 range, and parking at either of these is around $40-45. So after tax, for room and parking/shuttle, it looks like I will be out $125-145. Maybe me posting this will help someone else who is searching.

I'm still curious to hear if anyone knows of any good room/parking/shuttle combos for around this price, as it would be easier to book one thing and be done. Most of the hotels I checked with were $30 extra to leave the car, and $20 per person round trip for the shuttle, which pushed the price to around $200.

Check the La Quinta Tampa Airport. They have a fly and park pkg so perhaps it would apply to cruise and park. They have a shuttle to the port for a very small fee per person. Not sure if there is a return shuttle after the cruise so factor in about $25 for a taxi.

The hotel offers some very good rates so even with having to pay the small per person shuttle fee and possibly a return taxi, you may still come out way ahead of a hotel that has an all inclusive P&C.

Sent from my VS880 using Forums mobile app

..... also check out the Barrymore Hotel in downtown Tampa near the port.

It was originally the Howard Johnson Plaza but has been completely remodeled. They offer a Ship & Shore Package which is essentially a fancy name for a park & cruise. They are also close to the port so that is a nice perk.

http://www.barrymorehotel.com/specials.html

Three other hotels that have a really good park & cruise are: The Holiday Inn Express Rocky Point, Hampton Inn Rocky Point and Chase Suites Rocky Point. These three are good because they offer the return shuttle after the cruise. That adds up to a savings $.

In addition, Rocky Point is a very pretty area of Tampa that overlooks the Bay. These hotels would offer a nice view in an upscale area. It would be about a 15 min shuttle ride to the port.

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

We're sailing Nov 21 and staying at Marriott Courtyard Tampa Westshore using the Park Here Cruise There Package on the 20th. The shuttle is free and allows for 14 days of free parking at the hotel. Total cost was $125.44.

All of the suggestions above are great. Stay away from the LaQuinta along I-4 and Columbus. Not a great area. If you are flying in the hotels in the Rocky Point area are great. If you are driving the Marriott Courtyard would be fine. You might want to check on the downtown Marriott Courtyard. It is near the Barrymore Hotel. Both are in what I think of as an "arts" district across from museums and performing arts center along the Hillsborough River.

What has changed is the long wished for and talked about Riverwalk is coming to fruition. The port/Channelside area is developing and the downtown area coming along as a place people are willing to use as urban living.

• 1 year later...
how was your stay at the hotel in Tampa? Did the room feel clean?

Instead of pulling up a thread that is 1+ years old and hoping for a response, you're better off searching for more current reviews on trip advisor. ;)

Have a great cruise! :)