Belize city, excursions that do the ruins and snorkeling in one day?

Happyonaboat

If the ship actually drops anchor at 8:30 you will not get into the city until at least 9 if not later. It is a VERY long tender ride. I don't know how long the ride is to the ruins- haven't done that yet- but it may be an hour or so.

There are no beaches anywhere near the city. We took a water taxi to Caulker Cay once but the snorkeling was almost non existent. Amberguass (SP!) Cay has good snorkeling tours but is a long water taxi away. But you can also fly there - 15-30 minutes.

I don't think you have enough time to do both but I know you can snorkel at other beaches you'll be going to.

Ok...it is virtually impossible to do both. As noted, all snorkeling is done off shore.

The Altun Ha ruins (which is what I think you mean re at leas t 1 hour to 1.5 hours out of Belize city-plus the tender ride to town (at least 20 minutes). I think the other poster is thinking of Cozumel, where the ride is 40 minutes.

Anyway, figure 2-3 hours at the ruins and you can see that it is one or the other....