Problem using MyNCL website to add credit/book diner

Vric

Hi all,

2 weeks ago, we tried to add credit and a 3 days diner package to our cruise.

We did it online, did the payment and got to the confirmation page where it say

Thanks you, Your order is Confirmed.

Your Shore Excursions, Entertainment, Dining, Spa, and Gift order has been added to

your reservation. You will receive an e-mail confirmation within 24 hours confirming your payment has been processed.

5 days later, nothing was showing so I contacted NCL and they said they have no trace of this transaction. Nothing was charged on our credit card neither.

Weirdest thing, an excursion we wanted to do in Tortola but couldn't add to cart was now on our Vacation summary, It wasn't on our Order summary...

3 days later, NCL sent an email asking to pay for the excursion or it would be removed in 24hours.. Having no way to pay online, we let the 24h pass.. It finally took them 3 days to remove it.

Last Friday, we remade the same procedure. Ordered credit and diner package. Got the confirmation screen, but same problem again!!

Nothing is shown on our MyNCL and the Tortola excursion that we didn't added to our cart is now in our Summary. No credit, no diner package/discount.

Nothing is charged to our credit card once again...

Anyone has similar problem with their web site?

It's our 3rd cruise with NCL and we always booked everything online. We try to do everything online since we have a great exchange rate (Canadian at 1.07) but it looks like we can't do anything right now. I will once again contact NCL, but I'm sure they will be clueless once again.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by Vric

I used to conduct website usability testing prior to retirement 2 years ago,

I seriously doubt my myncl underwent any consumer usability testing .

It is probably the least user friendly site ( with the exception of a few dot gov sites )

I've ever reviewed in terms of navigation , nab tabs & drop downs and content I have ever used! Even when considering the Internet server selected .

I use Safari.

It's extremely difficult to locate the content one is searching for within a booked cruise .

I hope ncl is reading these frequent complaints and poor user experiences and take action to evaluate and redesign their myncl website.

The annoying pop ups to book , sign up for specials and evaluate their website alone only contribute to the annoying experience ![emoji35]

As a usability researcher I would encourage folks to complete the user Survey so the web team may act in survey findings of negative user experiences .

It seems rather unreliable that the Survey vendor continued to allow the Survey pop up despite a user already having completed the Survey.

Edited by JunPOA

Hi all,

2 weeks ago, we tried to add credit and a 3 days diner package to our cruise.

We did it online, did the payment and got to the confirmation page where it say

5 days later, nothing was showing so I contacted NCL and they said they have no trace of this transaction. Nothing was charged on our credit card neither.

Weirdest thing, an excursion we wanted to do in Tortola but couldn't add to cart was now on our Vacation summary, It wasn't on our Order summary...

3 days later, NCL sent an email asking to pay for the excursion or it would be removed in 24hours.. Having no way to pay online, we let the 24h pass.. It finally took them 3 days to remove it.

Last Friday, we remade the same procedure. Ordered credit and diner package. Got the confirmation screen, but same problem again!!

Nothing is shown on our MyNCL and the Tortola excursion that we didn't added to our cart is now in our Summary. No credit, no diner package/discount.

Nothing is charged to our credit card once again...

Anyone has similar problem with their web site?

It's our 3rd cruise with NCL and we always booked everything online. We try to do everything online since we have a great exchange rate (Canadian at 1.07) but it looks like we can't do anything right now. I will once again contact NCL, but I'm sure they will be clueless once again.

Thanks for the help.

I can offer no help, because, I too have tried several times over the past month to purchase items, and/or book dining reservations, with extremely disappointing results. I called our PPC last week and was told that IT knows there is a problem. NCL needs to strip-down the areas known to have problems and rebuild the site correctly. If I have to end-up calling a representative anyway, I would rather just be informed of that up-front, and not waste my time making the attempt online. Good luck with your efforts!

Wow!! Everything works fine for me, first time, every time. Order what I want and it pops up on MyNCL and all is good. Navigating the website used to be an issue but over the past year it has worked flawlessly for me. I use Firefox for everything and never have any issues.

For the OP, why does booking Canadian prevent you from calling NCL for your reservations? Since your cruise is booked in Canadian, everything you do going forward will be booked in the same dollars?

Glad to see I'm not alone. I'm a web developer as a living, and their website test my nerve on a daily basis :p

Also, depending of which web browser I use, I don't see the same thing. Safari show 0 excursions available, Chrome 84 and Firefox 56...

Since your cruise is booked in Canadian, everything you do going forward will be booked in the same dollars?

Yep, but over the phone, they offer me an exchange rate of 1.19 while on the website it's 1.07. I didn't want to argue too much since I knew I "should" be able to book myself online, but guess I will have to give them a chat once again.

Edited by Vric

Here issues as well.

I've booked through the eu site and prices are listed in euros but they were not adding up correctly. It appears that they're showing amount in dollars but using a euro sign instead.

My total cruise price was 732 euros and I had an outstanding balance of 665 euro but it showed as 749 euros (which equals that amount in dollars). I paid hoping all would be okay and it appears to be good. They have taken the equivalent of 665 euros in local currency from my account.

The website is a buggy and user-unfriendly mess.

Whoever designed and/or tested that thing should be fired.

Booking dining on MyNCL is especially infuriating because there is no way to book without buying the dining for everyone involved.

So let's say I am taking an NCL cruise with 2 other couples, but we are all paying our own way and all have separate rooms. I can't use the website to book for all 6 of us, because it will demand payment from me up front for all 6 people.

Totally ridiculous, because payment shouldn't be required in order to book reservations. When you're at the specialties, they handle the billing there, so the reservation should not be attached to billing, since there is no way one could get away eating there for free.

Onboard you are allowed to make any reservation you like without prepaying. You just call up and say, "I'd like a reservation for 6" and they hold it for you. No prepaying, no questions about who is dining with you, etc. That is handled in the restaurant.

Why can't booking on the website be the same way?

I'll tell you why: Because NCL.

Edited by pokerpro5

I had a similar thing happen to me on my recent Epic cruise. Booked a specialty restaurant but could not pay on the website and had to call to complete the transaction. For my upcoming Pearl trip, I had no problems paying for a spa pass online. Sometimes the website says I can prepay my gratuities, sometimes it says that option is not available (it comes and goes). It's a very glitchy website.