Your Thoughts on Gero Tours out of Manaus

SonarSonarSonar

Going on HAL Amazon Explorer (Prinsentam) Nov. 24 - Dec 19.

I've contacted Geraldo at Gero Tours in Manaus and will contract a private tour (2 days 1 night) into river and staying in the lodge. This would be a great way to really see the Amazon jungles and river life. HAL's tours don't seem to be exactly what I want.

I've checked my roll call and have done many searches and have found some info on these tours. Do any of you know or have ever used Gero Tours in Manaus and if you have what do you think anything regarding the tours accommodations but mainly have you heard or experienced any issues.

Thanks all.

You are only 60 miles outside a sprawling city of 2 million people at that lodge. For only two half days (the other half of each is travel) and 1 night. Superficial? Probably.

But the dollar is doing very well against the real, so it should be fairly cheap

(U$75/day? Less?). And you're there in the area anyway, not flying a whole day to get to Manaus from elsewhere in Brazil and then the same on the return.

If your interest is in seeing lots of animals and birds, though, you might consider the Pantanal (from Campo Grande or Cuiaba) instead.

Vida:

Appreciate your perspective, however, we only have those 2 days as we are coming in on a cruise ship, so arrive at 10 am and leave the next day at 4 pm. Also traveling with an 80 year old companion who just want's to be taken in as easily as possible.

Our days of great adventures are behind us and we sure have had some. Now it's more for convenience and a quick hit and run.

Thanks