Miracle

beebes

We have just booked a 2/06 cruise on the Miracle with two other couples. My husband and I have cruised before with Carnival but it has been awhile.

Our last cruise was an Alaskan with NCL and freestyle dining.

My questions, I have two of them, are the formal nights, how formal tie and sports coat or will a cashmere mock turtleneck get by or even just shirt and tie? My husband hates putting on the suit. Also if we decide to go to one of the other dining experiences on the Miracle, what type of attire is required there, again sports coat or just shirt and tie?

My second question has to do with the cabins. At present we are booked in a balcony. Our last cruise we were in a suite with conceriege and butler, which was great with the free style dining. What are the benefits of a conceriege and butler on the Miracle?

Thanks for all the help.

A sport coat, tie and slacks would be okay for all the nights... a suit would be better, but if you can get him in a sport coat, that will be fine. Is it a dark coat? The other nights, he could get by with shirt and tie.There is no butler/concierge on Carnival... sorry :(

Just back this weekend from the Miracle. During the formal nights most men were in suits and even tuxes. For the rest or the nights we saw short sleeved shirts and sandles as well as more dessed up people. As for the other dining options, you have room service, that would be come as you are, the buffet which can be shorts and bare feet if you choose, and Nick and Nora's the supper club. There they require dress attire and jacket for men. We had a balcony and it was fine for us. I can't see anything I could have used a butler for that would have been worth the extra money. A little more room in the cabin for the 4 of us would have been nice but again I can't say it would be woth the extra money for us.

My questions, I have two of them, are the formal nights, how formal tie and sports coat or will a cashmere mock turtleneck get by or even just shirt and tie? My husband hates putting on the suit. Also if we decide to go to one of the other dining experiences on the Miracle, what type of attire is required there, again sports coat or just shirt and tie?

The first formal night is Monday night. When I sailed the Miracle our second formal night was Thursday night. However our itinerary was changed due to hurricane Emily.

Most likely you could get away with dark pants, white shirt and a tie. We saw several on formal night who were not dressed in suits.

The supper club is a different story. You should be "dressed" for that. Suit and tie for certain. We didn't do the supper club.

The only other option for dinner is the buffet dining. Shorts are fine there.

My second question has to do with the cabins. At present we are booked in a balcony. Our last cruise we were in a suite with conceriege and butler, which was great with the free style dining. What are the benefits of a conceriege and butler on the Miracle?

All you get with the suites on any Carnival ship is a bigger cabin and the Skippers Club which gives you priority check-in. You wouldn't have to wait in the line with the masses to check in but most people say it doesn't take much longer in the regular lines either.

Archived