White Star Luggage left outside cabin on last night

new2crooz

I understand that Whitestar luggage can be left outside cabin for departure off the ship the next day and picked up in the dock to take through customs and then onto a DHL cage.

Which label should one leave on the bag the night before? The Whitestar DHL or should I take an extra printout of a luggage label from my Personaliser? Or both labels?

Thanks.

We used whitestar in LA this past year. We put the shipping labels on and left them outside the door. When we got off the ship we couldn't find our whitestar luggage with our other pieces and had to ask a Cunard rep. We found out that all the Whitestar luggage had been gathered up and put in the bin for us already. Convenient for us but it would have been nice to know in advance. The Purser's office had told us we would have to take them through customs.

The problem is, this is probably not the procedure everywhere. We had been out of the country on the QV, but the stop just before LA was in Hawaii, so we had already gone through US customs (such as it was). When we got to LA, there were no Custom folks there, we just handed our declaration form to a Cunard rep and we were out of there.

I understand your question though. You're wondering...if I have to pick up my luggage and carry it through customs, how will it be with my other pieces if I don't have my regular luggage tags with them.

Unfortunately, you can't count on the Purser's office to help with this since they don't seem to know what the procedure will be once you're off the ship (see above).

If I were you, I would include both on my luggage. The regular labels to make sure they are with your other bags (and you can locate them) and the shipping labels so they know they are Whitestar.

In New York, the White Star bags were handled the same as all others left out on the last night. You were responsible for collecting it, taking it through Customs, then handing it over to the White Star agent just after clearing Customs.