More questions please

Hi can you tell me if the captains dinner can the men wear shirt and tie and do the ladies have to wear a dress? My MIL hates dresses and isn't wanting to go.

Also the last night is it true you have to put your cases out the day before? And then be out of your room by 8am. If so do you get access to your cases again.

Going in 2 weeks on the Thomson spirt.

Thank you

You will find that the majority of people do dress up for Captains Night. But I have seen men in just trousers and open necked shirts and also ladies in smart trousers and a nice top. There is no rule.

Yes you have to put your case out the night before so make sure you have a change of clothes and essentials in your hand luggage. But you are then reunited with your cases outside when you are lining up for the bus the next day.

there is a rule? ... its just not enforced its smart casual in main dining room or formal evening wear on gala evening

cant help with ladies wear? (afaik there are no rules for ladies) many of the men will be in dj's on formal night a few in shirt & tie & and a few in open neck shirts (all acceptable)

or you can use the buffet resturant which is casual

cant help with theme nights on spirit? but they do have them on dream (british/caribbean/asian etc)

I used to wear long dresses on formal night, but last couple of cruises I wore black trousers and a sparkly top.

As regards the luggage, it doesn't have to be outside the cabin until 2am, so you can change after your evening out and put them out then, but as Langtoncouple says you will see them again before you get on the coach.

I don't think Thomsons do themed food nights, although we have had them on other lines.

Hope this helps. Is it your first cruise?

Please don't be put off by the dress code, you also have the choice to eat in the buffet restaurant instead of the MDR. The dress code is smart casual in the buffet and it's still set out nicely and the food is good. You can still have your photos taken with the captain but you will find most people are dressed up for this.

Please don't be put off by the dress code, you also have the choice to eat in the buffet restaurant instead of the MDR. The dress code is smart casual in the buffet and it's still set out nicely and the food is good. You can still have your photos taken with the captain but you will find most people are dressed up for this.

They do not do theme nights for the dining room. Even the Baked Alaska night after the fun parade of the baked Alaska is a bit of a anti-climax as you are served a Neapolitan ice cream. It is all very tasty however do not let your expectations gallop away.