Snorkel and Mr. Sanchos?

mavixaus

Hey guys!

We are leaving for our first (I'm sure of many!) cruises in a couple of weeks here. I'm trying to figure out which excursions we will be doing in Cozumel.

So far, I know I really want to do some snorkeling and visit Mr. Sanchos.

One of the snorkeling trips I'm interested in is a 3 hour trip departing at 9:30am. My question is, is it realistic to plan on going to Mr. Sanchos afterwards and still have enough time to enjoy it or should I do the shorter snorkel trip out of the resort that doesn't go to the best parts of the reef?

Secondary question - knowing that we will not be at the beach club for the entire day, should we opt for the pay as you go or is it worthwhile to do the all-inclusive? Other than food/beverages included, what perks are there to the all-inclusive ticket?

Thank you in advance for your guidance! :)

What are your port times? :confused:

Depending upon when you need to be back at the ship your plan could work. Mr. Sanchos also offers a snorkel trip (about 90 min-2 hours) as an add on.

You might consider snorkeling from the shore at The Money Bar for less than 3 hours and then taking a taxi from there to Paradise Beach - large beach club, great facilities, HUGE pool, $3 admission - or just spend the day at The Money Bar (great snorkeling from the shore, good facilities, good food/drinks/service, no beach but they do have a sandy area for sunning/relaxing.

Ohmygoodness! How did I forget to add those in there?! That would help, right? Hah!

We arrive at 8am and depart at 4pm.

I was torn between Mr. Sanchos and Paradise Beach, so that may be a good option. Have you tried the snorkel trip from Mr. Sanchos?

I guess the big question is if I have enough time to go on a snorkel trip, departing at 9:30am from Punta Langosta to go to Mr. Sanchos afterwards or not?

I would say no. Snorkel trip from 9:30-12:30 so it will be about 1:00 (or later :eek:) before you can get into a taxi and get to Mr. Sanchos - Paradise Beach and other popular beach clubs are just down the road and will take just as long in a cab.

To avoid being a pier runner you need to leave for your ship 3:00-3:15 - the cab ride takes 15 or so minutes - so you'll only have about 2 hours at the beach and will spend $30+ on taxis. :(

I have not done the snorkel trip from Sanchos - maybe someone else can offer an opinion.

If you want to snorkel and then beach take another look at spending an hour or two a the Money Bar and then heading to the beach, or just spend the day at the Money Bar.