Vegetarian menus

catperson02

Do Celebrity have a separate vegetarian menu? I have found links to the standard dinner menus but these tend to only offer one vegetarian item for most courses. My youngest daughter (16) does not eat meat, has some food allergies (nuts and certain red fruits), and is also a fussy eater not liking anything spicy or "anything she doesn't recognise". I have notified celebrity about her dietary needs and it shows on our booking. She will eat most fish (not salmon) as long as it is served simply and is not served whole and "looking at her"

Will the restaurant modify dishes on the menu - eg omit sauces or items which she cannot or will not eat? On previous cruises she has been given the main menu and a veggie menu the day before and she has made her choice. We have also been able to ask for items off the lunch menu to be served to her in the evening.

If all else fails it looks like she will have macaroni cheese from the children's menu every day! How I have managed to raise such a fussy eater I have no idea as her sister is very adventurous and will eat almost anything.

We have found Celebrity staff to be most accommodating. If you have fixed dining let your waiter know about your daughter's dietary needs on the first night even though you have already informed Celebrity. If Select dining, inform the Maitre de as soon as you board. I'm sure she will be well looked after. Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

You may have to ask for the vegetarian menu. It's best if you can talk to the maître d' and let him know what type of vegetarian your daughter is that way he can communicate to the kitchen and they can anticipate her needs. If your not sure what type she is you can find out more via - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegetarianism

Many thanks, it looks like she hopefully will be eating more than macaroni cheese. She is not a strict vegetarian, eating fish and apparently hot dogs are now on the acceptable list (well they are this week, next week who knows!) Her not eating meat is not so much to do with ethical reasons as to issues with the textures caused by problems with her jaw due to the connective tissue disorder she suffers from. The pickiness is caused by her being a contrary teenager!