Nawiliwili to Na Pali?

Hydro ergo

Hi All! Looking to our fellow cruisers for some help and advice :)

My husband and I are sailing Princess to Hawaii next month and we have Sunday from 8am-5pm in port in Kauai. We port at Nawiliwili. Our dilemma is this...we REALLY want to be able to experience the Na Pali coast in some fashion. We were looking at the Princess excursions, as we realize this part of the island is almost opposite the port. However, the only option they have is a zodiac tour--while I would LOVE this, my husband gets motion sickness and the small boat jostling around is simply not an option :( So...we were thinking of renting a car and driving to the coast. I know that most areas are not accessible by car, so we would be parking and potentially walking/hiking some trails. This is totally fine with us-we are in our 30s and love hiking. However, the biggest concern we have is timing. Is it reasonable to think that we could leave port, drive to Na Pali and enjoy some hiking/scenic outlook time? If so, any recommendations on where to park, where to stop, what to look for, would be most welcomed! Thank you all so much for your help-I love the answers I get back from this site :)