A (hopfully) Easy Question

Bradburyesqu

We will be on the Inspiration next week. My wife is insisting on breinging a dress for each night. So that's 4 dresses plus at least a couple button up shirts for me. Here question was will there be enough hangers in the closet or should we pack a couple extra?

They will give you all the hangers you ask for. The only problem I've had is some of the closets for some of the category's are there very small. If you are brining a coat for dinner and/or a coat for the evenings on deck (we will be sailing next week with you and it's going to be chilly in the evening) then the closet might not be able to hold all of it.

They will give you all the hangers you ask for. The only problem I've had is some of the closets for some of the category's are there very small. If you are brining a coat for dinner and/or a coat for the evenings on deck (we will be sailing next week with you and it's going to be chilly in the evening) then the closet might not be able to hold all of it.

There are two two-foot wide hanging closets and a third that has convertible shelves (with no hangars).

Should be about a dozen hangars total. None are skirt hangars. We will double and triple up on them--slacks, shirt, jacket.

Thank you to both of you.

I live in Northern Ca, I grew up in the bay area and have lived in the Sierras. I don't even own a jacket (other then my suite Jacket.) I'll bring a sweat shirt that I may or may not use. We know cold. :D

Lol Southern California. We don't have cold or rain so when it hits we overreact!

The number 1 tourist item bought in SF has been sweat shirts for years. People watch Baywatch and then fly to "Sunny California." When it drops to the 40's that first night they run out and buy one. I've always gotten a kick out of it.

We are spending Friday in Long Beach (it was cheaper to do a sale and stay then to park at the port.) We are probably going to hit up the Queen Mary Halloween that night, but if you have any suggestions on something off the beaten path to do that day I'd really appreciate it.

We have FTTF so we can do early check out and head the the aquarium. We do love the Monterrey Aquarium. It might make for a good day.

My wife wants to check out the Museum of death in Hollywood, but I think it's a better idea to stop and do that on the way home. I don't want to drive 2 hours to spend and hour in a museum. lol

If you don't mind a 30 min drive, Knotts Scary (Berry) Farms is a theme park that has the absolute best Halloween event. Queen Mary Dark Harbor is good, but Knotts has been doing it for a long time, and has great shows and attractions as well as some of the best mazes.

I have heard about Knots Scary Farm a few times. I've even been to the park (regular hours when I was kid.) You gave me something to think about for sure. The Queen Mary checks three boxes though. 1. Haunted house/maze for Halloween. 2. The history of the boat (for me.) 3. The supposed "real" most haunted place in the US (my wife is a believer I am not.)

They are about the same cost too. I'll have to think about it. A half hour drive is no big deal at all. We will have our car.

Edited by Bradburyesqu

You could do both, - the mazes at the queen mary. I think you can do the haunted tour and historical tour during the day. Knott's is a nighttime event. If you look online, there are some groupons and/or living social deals for QM. Knotts since it's Halloween night won't have a discount, but won't be outrageously crowded.

I loved staying at the Queen Mary. You can also tour the Submarine right there also. That was something to walk through. I love the wood work in the Queen Mary. So much to walk around and see. If you have AAA they take it and get a discount.

We stayed at the Queen Mary last year and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Next cruise your DW will bring half the clothes.