How much spending money for a 10 night Cruise?

DanFromSyd

Hey fellow cruisers!!

I am preparing myself for a 10 night cruise in Jan onboard the Sun.

I am coming to terms with the ammount of spending money I'll need for this cruise. And i got a real scary thought... based on my last 2 cruises I'll need something like $5000!!

Cruise 1: 4 nights $2000.00

Cruise 2: 2 nights $1500.00

Thats like $500 a day!!

So I guess im looking for re-assurance that I wont need that much.

It should be noted that the 2 previous cruises were cruises to nowhere and I went with my brother both times and we drank... alot... and gambled...and drank alot.

This time we are taking his 10yo son and we have ports.. so im thinking we wont spend the whole time drinking and partying and gambling. But that said if i find some cool 18-30 yo's to hang out with (im 25) im sure i'll end up partying the night away..

ok so now the real question... How much do you allow for a cruise and what length?? please also state whether your a 2 pot screamer, a non drinker, or a confirmed recreational alcoholic...

Thanks and sorry for the long rambling post..

Cheers,

Dan

Between two of us on a ten night cruise, we spent about $1500 on alcohol, food & coffees in the bars, photo's (and there were lots of those, everywhere you turned there was a camera and they were all good photos), shore tours (about $150 each) and local currency for spending on the islands. On top of that we spent $400 on a painting at the art Auctions, and about $200 on duty free (aftershaves & alcohol). We aren't huge drinkers, but we had wine with dinner and after dinner cocktails every night, and we did $150 worth of shore tours each.

Kym

Archived