5 ships in port :(

rowlady

I have read and read every post regarding Roatan and am more undecided than ever. My family of 5 (all adults) will be visiting Roatan in November and there will be 5 total ships in port that day. We are looking for a beach with amenities (chairs, bathrooms, food and drink) with easy beach front snorkeling. I am torn between Infinity Beach Resort, Bananarama, Paradise Beach or Little French Key (last choice I think). Since they are similarly priced the cost is not a concern. Does anyone think one will be less crowded than the others on such a busy cruise day? Any advice, opinions or suggestions welcome!

I have read and read every post regarding Roatan and am more undecided than ever. My family of 5 (all adults) will be visiting Roatan in November and there will be 5 total ships in port that day. We are looking for a beach with amenities (chairs, bathrooms, food and drink) with easy beach front snorkeling. I am torn between Infinity Beach Resort, Bananarama, Paradise Beach or Little French Key (last choice I think). Since they are similarly priced the cost is not a concern. Does anyone think one will be less crowded than the others on such a busy cruise day? Any advice, opinions or suggestions welcome!

Bananarama is a zoo on a good day. It is also the farthest away from the easy access, boat free reef snorkeling. Paradise is the next closest, they may have a bit more sand to relax on. Infinity is the closest, it is also the most expensive, has limited day passes and shares a property line with Tabyana which is a cruise only day pass resort.

Little French Key has had so much press of late it is NOT going to be quiet, and one need pay a boat to get you to the reef.

Is shore snorkeling or quiet more important? If you are willing to pay a boat guy to get you to the reef it would be a bit easier to find quiet sand.

Mind you the choices you have here, all but Little French Key are on West Bay Beach, the premiere beach on the island.

I think if I were pushed in to a corner and had to choose one of your four, I would choose Paradise Beach Club.

Guest 2000 - Thank you for your response! I checked with the family who decided that quiet was most important since we will probably only snorkel for an hour or so but will be at the beach for most of the day. We are also not opposed to being taken to the reef to snorkel (this way those who want to snorkel can go and the others can stay at the beach). With this info would you still choose Paradise Beach? I am sure the East side beaches would be less crowded but would they be as nice? Again - I sure do appreciate some perspective because I am just overthinking it I think.........

Guest 2000 - Thank you for your response! I checked with the family who decided that quiet was most important since we will probably only snorkel for an hour or so but will be at the beach for most of the day. We are also not opposed to being taken to the reef to snorkel (this way those who want to snorkel can go and the others can stay at the beach). With this info would you still choose Paradise Beach? I am sure the East side beaches would be less crowded but would they be as nice? Again - I sure do appreciate some perspective because I am just overthinking it I think.........

East side? There is very little beach on the windward side of the island, it is mostly iron shore. The island is shaped oddly and the directions are wacky, part of the island is east/west and part of the island is north/south. I know, talk about confusing. West End village is not at the West End of the island, mostly cause you can see the sunset straight out. Anywho, I got side tracked.

If my nice you mean white fluffy sand, plenty of eateries and easy access to reef snorkeling then West Bay Beach is the answer, it is not the premiere beach on the island for nothing. :0)

As I said before all your choice save for Little French Key are on West Bay Beach...West Bay Beach is NOT quiet, it's the premiere beach on the island thing.

If I were looking for a quiet place, where I was wiling to pay a guy to get me to the reef, I would have a look at Paya Bay. It is owned and operated by a family which has been in the island for over 200 years. The property has more than one beach one is huge with a steady breeze which keeps the bugs down, another is a smaller cove. I stayed out there for a week on 2013, loved it!

Guest 2000, you mention paradise resort. I have been wanting to get ahold of them for a day pass. But no luck. I am sure that is the place we went last year when we asked our bodden driver to take us to west bay. Do you know if they still offer day passes. We loved their beach bar.

Guest 2000, you mention paradise resort. I have been wanting to get ahold of them for a day pass. But no luck. I am sure that is the place we went last year when we asked our bodden driver to take us to west bay. Do you know if they still offer day passes. We loved their beach bar.

I am sorry I do not know of Paradise Beach Club/Hotel still offers day passes.

They have a US number is that is of any help.

USA reservation office +1 844 561 4922