Hi MSC cruisers! Thinking about Seaside

HeyPorter

So, we are experienced Disney Cruise Line cruisers. Over the last three years, their fares have more than doubled on the same sort of tired itineraries.

We've been exploring the idea of jumping ship (ha ha!) for a while now. We looked at Royal Caribbean, but didn't see anything that really attracted us and we kind of wanted a new ship and RCL is sending 3 of their four newest ships to China. We settled on NCL and booked our Spring Break on Breakaway out of New York, because we're train distance from the terminal.

My 40th birthday and my sister in law's 30th birthday are in 2017, and we wanted to plan a trip to europe. A few nights in Paris, nothing super over the top. But then we thought maybe we could do a few nights in Paris but follow it with a transatlantic cruise.

So, at first we read about NCL Bliss, and it sounded perfect. Brand new ship for the trip of a lifetime, right? Well, it looks like Bliss is going to China now too. So she's off the table.

So I started to look at other lines with new ships coming in 2017 and the MSC Seaside popped up on my radar! She's perfect!

So, I thought I might ask you guys, the professional MSC fans, to speculate with me for a minute and maybe answer a few questions?

I've been reading a lot about MSC over the last couple of days and it really seems like a perfect fit, culture wise. We're laid back Americans and I think we'd love the more European atmosphere of MSC.

So here's where I'd love you to speculate with me: Do you guys think she'll follow the pattern of other new ships and do a 3 day preview for industry followed by a Transatlantic that's a revenue sailing with passengers?

If you know about MSCs patterns, and could take a guess, where do you think that transatlantic will sail out of? I know this is a shot in the dark, and no one can predict this one. But if you could guess, just for fun, what would your guess be?

Again, a wild guess: I wonder what kind of port stops she'll make on the way to Miami? Probably Carribean?

Now for actual questions:

I don't understand the pricing models. We usually book a balcony, a beverage package (when one is available) and passes to the thermal suite on whatever ship we sail. We like to relax and really enjoy the ship and ourselves.

I see that Bella level is a la carte and everything is added separately. What I can't find is the price per day of the two drink packages and if the thermal spa pass can be added separately?

I also see that the Aurea level includes the basic drink package. Can you upgrade to the higher package? Does it include the thermal suite access for length of cruise? That would be worth it for us!

I'm sure i'll have more questions. I'll add them as I think of them!

So, we are experienced Disney Cruise Line cruisers. Over the last three years, their fares have more than doubled on the same sort of tired itineraries.

We've been exploring the idea of jumping ship (ha ha!) for a while now. We looked at Royal Caribbean, but didn't see anything that really attracted us and we kind of wanted a new ship and RCL is sending 3 of their four newest ships to China. We settled on NCL and booked our Spring Break on Breakaway out of New York, because we're train distance from the terminal.

My 40th birthday and my sister in law's 30th birthday are in 2017, and we wanted to plan a trip to europe. A few nights in Paris, nothing super over the top. But then we thought maybe we could do a few nights in Paris but follow it with a transatlantic cruise.

So, at first we read about NCL Bliss, and it sounded perfect. Brand new ship for the trip of a lifetime, right? Well, it looks like Bliss is going to China now too. So she's off the table.

So I started to look at other lines with new ships coming in 2017 and the MSC Seaside popped up on my radar! She's perfect!

So, I thought I might ask you guys, the professional MSC fans, to speculate with me for a minute and maybe answer a few questions?

I've been reading a lot about MSC over the last couple of days and it really seems like a perfect fit, culture wise. We're laid back Americans and I think we'd love the more European atmosphere of MSC.

So here's where I'd love you to speculate with me: Do you guys think she'll follow the pattern of other new ships and do a 3 day preview for industry followed by a Transatlantic that's a revenue sailing with passengers?

If you know about MSCs patterns, and could take a guess, where do you think that transatlantic will sail out of? I know this is a shot in the dark, and no one can predict this one. But if you could guess, just for fun, what would your guess be?

Again, a wild guess: I wonder what kind of port stops she'll make on the way to Miami? Probably Carribean?

Now for actual questions:

I don't understand the pricing models. We usually book a balcony, a beverage package (when one is available) and passes to the thermal suite on whatever ship we sail. We like to relax and really enjoy the ship and ourselves.

I see that Bella level is a la carte and everything is added separately. What I can't find is the price per day of the two drink packages and if the thermal spa pass can be added separately?

I also see that the Aurea level includes the basic drink package. Can you upgrade to the higher package? Does it include the thermal suite access for length of cruise? That would be worth it for us!

I'm sure i'll have more questions. I'll add them as I think of them!

Have you tried calling MSC ???