RCI Brilliance Of The Seas | December 3, 2016

drhall

Ahoy!

My husband Jay and I are sailing with two of our good friends, Gary & Rose on Brilliance. I'm celebrating my husband's belated 25th birthday, and our friends are sailing because they're worth it.

I'm in the mainstream roll call, but I thought I would cast my net farther out.

Anyone sailing with us?

• 2 weeks later...
Ahoy!

My husband Jay and I are sailing with two of our good friends, Gary & Rose on Brilliance. I'm celebrating my husband's belated 25th birthday, and our friends are sailing because they're worth it.

I'm in the mainstream roll call, but I thought I would cast my net farther out.

Anyone sailing with us?

Hello. My wife and I will be on there too on Dec. 3rd. We are looking forward to it.

I love Key West and have never been to Mexico. It should be a good cruise.

Hope to see you all there.

This month (November) we will be on Freedom of the Seas.

Hello. My wife and I will be on there too on Dec. 3rd. We are looking forward to it.

I love Key West and have never been to Mexico. It should be a good cruise.

Hope to see you all there.

This month (November) we will be on Freedom of the Seas.

Hi! I notice that you're in both this one, and the mainstream roll call. Again, welcome aboard! :)

I've never been to either destination, but I sailed on Freedom's sister ship (Independence) and REALLY enjoyed it. I hope you do, also! What stops are you making?

390'ish days!

Edited by drhall

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I'm over on the mainstream roll call as well, but I'll add my two cents in here. :) In case anyone else joins this roll call and misses my post on the other one...

This will be the first cruise experience for either of us. We are starboard aft on deck 9.

I'm a physician and medical educator (I teach at a medical school). David is in high-end catering. We live in New Rochelle, NY, a suburb on the northern border of New York City. I'm 46 (my 47th birthday is the day after we get back to Tampa), and David is 48 (turning 49 in September). We will be at our timeshare in Kissimmee for the week before the cruise; we'll drive down to Tampa early Saturday morning, return the rental car and make our way to the port.

• 3 weeks later...
Glad to have you both aboard! We're flying out of Atlanta the day before the sailing.

Thank you! We will be flying out late that evening around 10:00 PM. We are staying by the airport when we arrive. :)

Looking forward to meeting you.

Psssst... your .sig file is out-of-date. :D

Likewise! Thanks for the heads up. Updated... :D

Thank you! We will be flying out late that evening around 10:00 PM. We are staying by the airport when we arrive. :)

Nice! We are flying out around noon. Going to hang out in Tampa that evening. Hopefully we can find something to get into!

75 days to go!

Nice! We are flying out around noon. Going to hang out in Tampa that evening. Hopefully we can find something to get into!

75 days to go!

Not sure what Tampa has to offer. We've only sailed out of that port once before. 75 days sounds great! We are ready for a vacation! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The gay part of Tampa is called Ybor City. There are some nice restaurants in that part of town. I know there are some bars/clubs, but not really familiar with them.

I do suggest you avoid a restaurant called Samurai Blue, which is right in the heart of Ybor City - we've eaten there twice, and the service is terrible. There's a Hamburger Mary's in the same complex, which you may know is a gay/drag bar and grille restaurant chain, and usually a lot of fun.