Las Caletas Child Question

kidlessatsea

Perhaps I should ask this of the cruise line but I am looking for other feedback as well.

We are looking at booking Las Caletas for ourselves and 2 kids (ages 15 and 4). Las Caletas kids park is for ages 4-11.

We are cruising with Carnival and they are stating that the kids park is only available for ages 6-11.

I checked other cruise lines and they follow the 4-11 Las Caletas guidelines.

Can anyone tell me if the Carnival rule stands and why that might be? Also, is there other stuff that my 4 year old can do if she cannot do the adventure park?

You would have to contact Carnival for an answer. But the likely reason would be that Carnival's own insurance carrier (the cruise lines all have insurance coverage) has specified this minimum age.

Hank

Perhaps I should ask this of the cruise line but I am looking for other feedback as well.

We are looking at booking Las Caletas for ourselves and 2 kids (ages 15 and 4). Las Caletas kids park is for ages 4-11.

We are cruising with Carnival and they are stating that the kids park is only available for ages 6-11.

I checked other cruise lines and they follow the 4-11 Las Caletas guidelines.

Can anyone tell me if the Carnival rule stands and why that might be? Also, is there other stuff that my 4 year old can do if she cannot do the adventure park?

Hi! We went to Las Caletas in Oct on NCL with our 6 yr old son. It was awesome. He did the kids park - there was a 4 yr old with an older brother who they also let do it (although he was about an inch below the height restriction). The staff seemed to be flexible once you were there - these were staff of Vallarta Adventures, not cruise line staff, so perhaps once you are there you can talk to them. (they said the minimum age for the kids park was 4).

The beach is also fun - they have paddle boards and snorkle equipment and will help the kids with that. My mom also took my son on the sea lion adventure which he LOVED! It was $69 which was a great deal - however a caution that to buy the picture package after another $160 (it was worth way more to get the video of the 2 of them). They also let my husband and I go along and watch which was super cool. Highly recommend this excursion we loved it.

• 2 months later...

Not sure we understand where this thread is going. There are a couple of different issues. If Carnival puts an age minimum on their excursion that is simply the way it is! As to booking Las Caletas on your own, the place is a private facility leased by Vallarta Adventures. They have a contract to provide excursions for the cruise lines and their terms include not providing private excursions to cruise ship passengers. As a local Puerto Vallarta resident, when we have privately booked an excursion through Vallarta Adventures they require a local address/phone number.

So the reality is that cruisers are normally stuck with the excursion rules set forth by their own cruise line. If you can manage to book on your own, that is fine if can pull it off, be able to make the non-cruiser excursion times, etc. On the other hand, unlike your cruise line excursion (which will guarantee that you are back to your ship on time) there is no such guarantee when you go off and do your own thing.

Hank