Can anyone help with ideas for spinal stenosis?

Vacationlover01

Thank you for all of your replies. She's said yes to the walker and considering the scooter. She's been in PT now for the last several weeks and seeing some improvement. I think she'll push it as long as she can, I'm just worried we will be two days into our trip and she will regret not having the scooter back up if she opts only for the walker. Time will tell. . . I appreciate the input from everyone:-).

One thing, make sure to take the walker to muster and go early. They save a small area for us but it fills up quick. The staff kept asking for able bodied people to please let handicapped people sit but not many did. My husband stood and a young healthy woman sat down.

Thank you for all of your replies. She's said yes to the walker and considering the scooter. She's been in PT now for the last several weeks and seeing some improvement. I think she'll push it as long as she can, I'm just worried we will be two days into our trip and she will regret not having the scooter back up if she opts only for the walker. Time will tell. . . I appreciate the input from everyone:-).

I think it would be wise to consider a scooter for your Mom. Have you considered where your cabin is in relation to the areas where you will be spending time? Knowing the full impact of the pain when walking long distances or standing for any length of time I think she may regret not getting one.

Special needs at Sea has been great for me. It was the one step in all of this that was painless. The pricing plan appears to go by the persons weight. There are 3 different scooters. Since I weigh 135 fro example, they recommend the basic. Then I believe the next scooter is for those that weigh 250 lbs - 500 lbs, and the bariatric scooter is for those over 500 lbs.

The standard scooter with taxes and delivery to your cabin is $205. which I believe is well worth it

Please do not forget to sign your Mother up for Pier Assistance. Do not just tell your travel agent or cruise consultant make a call to the "Access Dept" yourself. That is important since I have arrived at the pier before and my travel consultant had not noted that.

I leave tomorrow and will do a review here on the Disabled Travel page about my first experience with Celebrity and the pros and cons of using a scooter on their ship the Summit.

Good luck to your Mother and please tell her that her comfort is more important than the stigma of being on a scooter :)