Heathrow T 5 pod parking

I haven't done it but I can't see any reason why not.

What I am wondering is why you would want to. The Pod is an expensive parking area, aimed at business travellers flying from T5 - that's where the pods go. The Thistle Hotel, like most hotels in the area has its own parking.

If you need to park your car while you are off on a cruise, I suggest that you search for "park and fly Heathrow". I have done this many times and there are usually some good bargains to be had. The cost of one night in a four star hotel and two week's parking, can often be less that the cost of a Heathrow car park.

To get to T5 from any hotel there is the 'Hopper'. If there are two or more of you, I recommend getting your hotel to book you a taxi.

I haven't done it but I can't see any reason why not.

What I am wondering is why you would want to. The Pod is an expensive parking area, aimed at business travellers flying from T5 - that's where the pods go. The Thistle Hotel, like most hotels in the area has its own parking.

If you need to park your car while you are off on a cruise, I suggest that you search for "park and fly Heathrow". I have done this many times and there are usually some good bargains to be had. The cost of one night in a four star hotel and two week's parking, can often be less that the cost of a Heathrow car park.

To get to T5 from any hotel there is the 'Hopper'. If there are two or more of you, I recommend getting your hotel to book you a taxi.

Thanks for you comments

but I am flying into T5 , don,t undersatnd why a £5/Person charge to exit the pod area.

Don't want to sound thick, but if you are flying into T5, why do you want to exit the Pod car park? Are you staying at the Thistle Hotel? Have you an onward flight from T5 the following day?

Is this any post any help? The first post is the relevant. The following ones are just chat.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1601112-thistle-london-t5-pod-5-pp.html

Edited by turnip eater

Yes, the Pod is used to access the Thistle from T5 these days, as an alternative to the hateful Hoppa. You have to pay them £5 for the access code for the gate from the car park to the back of the hotel. I have no idea if they share that money with the airport.

Otherwise you would have to walk out of the main car entrance of the pod car park (which is the other end to the hotel) and I think walk from the Western Peri Road to Bath Road, which is a long way round.

Edited by Cotswold Eagle

It's all clear now.

As said above, the direct access to the Thistle Hotel is through a gate, and you have to pay £5 per person to use it. The £5 is really a charge for using the pod and if you were parking, it would be included in the parking charge.

It is a far better option than the Hoppa bus and cheaper and more fun than a taxi.

The Thistle Hotel does not seem to be very highly regarded by regular travellers.

If you do this, make sure to take a Pod to Station B - there are two options for getting off in the car park and 'B' is the hotel end. You have to elect this as you board the Pod at T5 (actually in the short term car park, well signposted) - it will take you directly there.

If you do this, make sure to take a Pod to Station B - there are two options for getting off in the car park and 'B' is the hotel end. You have to elect this as you board the Pod at T5 (actually in the short term car park, well signposted) - it will take you directly there.

thanks for that info,

we are travelling light so either we take the 423 bus from arrivals to the Thistle or as you said pod to B,then exit car park to Bath rd.

I obviously wasn't clear - you can't exit the Pod car park to the Bath Road - if you are allowed out on foot at all, I think you would have to walk half-way back to T5 along the Western Perimiter Road to get to the roundabout for the Bath Road (there is a river between the car park and Bath Road). I can't recall if there is a footpath there.

If you are not prepared to pay the £5 fee to use the gate in the car park fence to the back of the Thistle, I suggest you use the free bus :)

Edited by Cotswold Eagle