Carribean islands - question

ppxyz

Our family would like to visit the following islands but in one long

trip. Which is best way to do it. Do you know of any cruise that covers

all of the below. I saw only certain islands covered by cruise ships.

Jamaica

Haiti

Dominican Republic

Puerto Rico

Saint Thomas, Saint Marten and Saint Lucia

Antigua - not particular

Barbados

Trinidad & Tobago

Aruba

Haiti and Trinidad/Tobago are not common ports for the family style cruise ships but maybe the luxury lines? Have you considered combining land based with a cruise?

Your best chance to hit all may be taking back to back (7 day or more) cruises - R/T from Puerto Rico may have enough choices for the combination you seek.

Royal Caribbean's Adventure of the Seas hits quite a few islands which you are looking at: The Barbados route (every other week) does Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, St. Martin, Antiqua, St. Lucia and Barbados. The other week it does Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, St. Martin, Curacoa & Aruba. We did the Barbados route - it is 7 nites. This is quite an abitious cruise with only 1 sea day. We were exhausted by the end!! But the ship is beautiful.:)

Where are you coming from?? Sea Princess has a 14 night itinerary from Fort Lauderdale that includes several of the places, not sure of the itineraries, but I think there are 2 , both include Barbados.

If you are coming from the UK, I'd recommend a P&O cruise, Oceana sailing from Barbados that include most of these places.

And I agree, more luxury style cruises and longer duration sailings may include what you are looking for.

Let me know if I can help further

Sunnie, We will be flying out from SFO. I dont mind a slightly longer duration cruise , land and cruise combination or B2B cruise. I am kind of having trouble with finding the easy and right itinerary.. Need help

leaving from SFO and wanting to do all the islands you mentioned you will need to look at a 10day or 11 day sailing from Fort Lauderdale or Miami. and even then you might not hit all the ones you want.

I would recommend Princess out of Fort Lauderdale or possibly Celebrity Cruises as well for a longer duration cruise. Check their websites.

here is a list of the ports you want and what sailings you might find them on..

Jamaica - on most 7 night sailings

Haiti - Royal Caribbean includes Labadee which is actually no more than a Beach stop for the day.

Dominican Republic - some sailings will do this but again on a longer itinerary

Puerto Rico - Usually on 7 night Eastern Caribbean

Saint Thomas on most 7 night eastern sailings out of Miami/FLL

Saint Marten - longer sailings from Miami/FLL

and Saint Lucia - longer 7 nights from Miami/fll or on some cruises from San Juan

Antigua - not particular - on some 7 night or longer from Miami/Fll

Barbados - from San Juan on 7 night / from Fll or Miami on 10/11 night

Trinidad & Tobago not on to many.. 14night sailings from Barbados possible on some 7 night from San Juan mostly Princess

Aruba - 7 night from San Juan and longer from Miami/fll

thanks Sunnie. will look into it more. Currently I have dropped Tahiti and Trinidad and Tobago out

I found one that covers most of what I want (RCCL) except Jamaica. So maybe I can either fly to Jamaica, and then to San Juan and do the rest of it.

thanks Sunnie. will look into it more. Currently I have dropped Tahiti and Trinidad and Tobago out

I found one that covers most of what I want (RCCL) except Jamaica. So maybe I can either fly to Jamaica, and then to San Juan and do the rest of it.

Archived