OB Booking

pdx13

Just switched our booking from V2 to OB veranda and saved $4K for our upcoming cruise on the Quest. Figured worst that can happen is that we will be downgraded to V1, but hope to snag at least V2 or perhaps higher. Had it not been for CC I wouldn't have known to watch for this option to come available, although our TA may have picked up on it. I really don't see a downside other than we may end up more forward than we had originally booked, and for $4K savings I can purchase plenty of seasickness meds.

Congratulations! That's a nice catch and at $4k, a hefty one too.

I know the differences in the V1-6 cabins is oft discussed and some (me included) have their favorite cabins (mine is ironically one of those "love it or hate it" cabins). I personally can't imagine even realizing $4k in marginal utility in a V2 over a V1 so I'd jump on a deal like that in a heartbeat!

We are also taking the OB route after discovering that ALL of the cabins are comfy and in a small ship there is plenty of places available to hang out elsewhere onboard. The room basically becomes a haven for sleeping, showering, napping, enjoying room service and listening to the great tunes on the TV. Upgrades seem to just get you up a deck or two, but on these ships it doesn't really matter...ENJOY!