Upsells on the Spirit??

Bxprojectgirl

A question for the experienced among you who have sailed on the Spirit.

This ship as an older vessel has less categories in balconies, no large balconies, no aft balconies (except in suites) and so on. So... my question is do they upsell from the balconies to the suites ever? The price difference seems to be very extreme and I can't imagine that they do a reasonable price upsell to these cabins.

Has anyone done this? I am just curious. I am not expecting this to happen to me, just a query.

Upsells can and do happen on all ships, if the price difference is very high then the offer price will usually be pretty high too (like $500-$1000pp or more). They usually start offering to those in most desirable lower category cabins.

• 3 weeks later...
A question for the experienced among you who have sailed on the Spirit.

This ship as an older vessel has less categories in balconies, no large balconies, no aft balconies (except in suites) and so on. So... my question is do they upsell from the balconies to the suites ever? The price difference seems to be very extreme and I can't imagine that they do a reasonable price upsell to these cabins.

Has anyone done this? I am just curious. I am not expecting this to happen to me, just a query.

Only our second time on the Spirit, last time was 2004. We booked a gty balcony and just got an upsell to a suite in front of the ship for our cruise in Nov. It was on the lower end of the price range the previous post mentioned.